Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Feeding Mom is an all day job



Dad turned the heat on in the bedroom I slept in.  He must have turned it pretty high because by morning I had tossed off all the covers.  Getting out of bed was easy, but facing the rest of the house was not.  It was like living in his refrigerator.  I have a new found appreciation for the weather in Alabama.
I started checking  e-mail in bed before 8.  Then I got up to help get Mom ready for the day. i juiced carrots and celery for  Dad and me.  I fed her Ensure until she stopped being able to swallow.  Dad gave me a list of things to do.  I wrote a check for him, and got two cards in the mail.  I darned 3 socks.  I was on hand to feed Mom whenever her swallowing reflex came back.  Kevin came over to make cruciferous juice using the juicer.  He also made a casserole and vacuumed the house.  I oiled a bathroom door, and helped Dad get Mom ready for bed.  I hemmed or patched 3 pairs of his pants. I listened to an audio which ended before I finished the 3rd pair.  Finally I posted to my blog and went to bed around 1.
*  Haven't taken any pics so here is one from show-n-tell  *

No comments: