Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Panda Monday

I got up at 8:15. I checked e-mail, exercised, and ate breakfast. I packed my sewing box with two projects: scrap rug and sri yantra. On the way to the church, I noticed lots of cars in the empty lot across and down the street. I wondered if someone was having an auction. I got to the church before 11. I worked on sri yantra first, sewing what I pinned yesterday. Doris was sewing borders on her quilt labels. I did one and showed her how to do it. Carolyn brought lasagna for lunch. Barbara brought a salad and Alice brought roast beef subs. But Rebecca and I did not know that when we decided to make it Panda Monday. That means we, along with Victoria went to Panda for lunch. I got 3 pieces of sushi: a salmon, a squid, and an eel. When we got back, Mirna and I worked on her serger. What looked like a complex tension problem turned out to be the threads not snapping into the tension discs. Barbara held a meeting to discuss our Christmas celebration. We talked about games, food, and decorations. Maryann and Jodi showed me the star costumes they had to see if they would work for our church. I finished sri yantra, or at least the center. I have been so focused on it that I haven't thought about the rest. Then I cut scraps for the rug. I sewed on all that I cut and it still did not cover half the rug. By then everyone had left, except Laurie. At 4:45 I packed up to leave. When I got home, Chris had a large pot of fish stew on the stove. I ate a bowl of the stew and found it incredibly filling. I made myself eat a salad, but I did not need it. I started a loaf of bread for Chris. I listened to part of an audio. Around 7 we went down to watch 2 episodes of Inspector Linley. At the end, I was suddenly so tired that I just wanted to fall over and sleep on the couch. And I might have, but Chris threatened to carry me. If he carried me in his arms, my head would bump against something, and there is nothing comfortable about the fireman's carry. So I got up and he pushed me upstairs where I went straight to bed. 
*  This is Lauris's quilt.  She stayed later then I did to finish it.  *

No comments: