Monday, November 25, 2013

Visiting my parents

Monday
   I am not sure when we got up.  I took a shower and made my special breakfast.  We read a little e-mail.  Then we went to the corner convenience store for a large jar of kimchi.  Then we headed to my parents' house.  Chris helped my dad clear up some computer security issue he was having with the company that provides the software.  I helped my mom do whatever she wanted to do.  She seemed to think it was bedtime.  I gave her Ensure, and coconut oil, kimchi, etc.  Dad brought both wheelchairs into the den.  I adjusted the brakes on both.  It took all afternoon because Dad wanted me to use just the right tool but he either did not have it or could not find it.  He was going to take Mom to the fitness center, but it got late and she hadn't taken all her pills.   So he went by himself..  William stopped by for a little bit.  Then I read e-mail while Mom waited for pills to go down.  Dad came home hours later.  He wanted to eat.  And talk.  Finally I took Mom in the back to put her to bed.  But somewhere between standing her up and wiping the floor my back gave me strong warning signals.  So Dad and I dressed her together and got her ready for bed.  He actually put her in bed.  I did not dare lift her or pull her across.  Then I put my coat on and went to bed.  Ok, it wasn't QUITE that bad.  I just put extra blankets on the bed.  And a quilt.  Dad put the suitcase where I could reach it without needing to move it.  I listened to a meditation by Oprah and Deepak.  Then I posted to my blog for two days.  Now I might go to sleep or listed to one of the many audio interviews that were posted today.
*  Rocket ship quilt from show-n-tell  *

No comments: