Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Disaster narrowly averted

I was going to stay in bed until after Chris left, but I wanted to see how his wound was healing. And then I stayed up to read e-mail, etc. I swished with olive oil and and drop of clove oil for the tooth that was crowned. I meditated, and then laid down for awhile. I listened to an audio while exercising, and making a triskelion. I remember one point in the audio: ask a tree for connection to the infinite. I played another audio and raked leaves off of the porch, steps and patio. I also raked leaves in the back yard. Then I picked a small basket of green tomatoes and peppers from the frost-bitten plants. I noticed a car in the driveway and hoped it wasn't Jehovah Witnesses. It was Nick (who works for Bob) coming to install a new kitchen faucet with built-in sprayer head. He turned off the water at the main since the shut-off under the sink was corroded. I read e-mail for awhile, but noticed the sun out, so I went out again. I used the leaf blower to separate the leaves from the pine straw. Nick came to tell me that he had to go to Home Depot for an older-style fitting and would be back soon. I carried the pinestraw to the back in boxloads. Then I went back in the house to do several meditations that Jennifer e-mailed me. Nick still wasn't back. I went down to serge scarves. I had to tweak the tensions several times to get it right. The last ones looked so much better than the first ones. Nick came back with a fitting, but it wasn't from Home Depot. It was custom made by an old plumber he knew. Chris arrived soon. I left to finish the scarves, then came up for supper. It was a nice faucet. Chris ate his burrito and I had a banana. Then I read e-mail until he was ready to watch TV. He put sweet potatoes in the oven and we checked on them after an episode of Star Trek. They weren't quite done, so we left them in the oven but turned it off and watched another episode. I ate one potato with butter and cinnamon, and we watched a third episode. It was called The Man Trap. Four crewmen died because Kirk did not give the older couple the salt they asked for. Why, the entire episode could have been avoided. Then Chris got ready for bed. As I prepared to join him, I noticed that two of the squares on my king size charm quilt were the same fabric! In that moment I realized that my whole life was a lie. There was no point in going on. But at the depth of my despair, Chris pointed out that the background color was slightly different. And my life was saved! 
*  This is my first copper triskelion.  *

No comments: