Sunday, November 17, 2013

Costumes and crafts

We got up after 9. I read e-mail, took shower, and implemented the fecal test kit. I filled out the label, but it asked for a medical id number. It must have been on the plastic patient bracelet, so I looked through the garbage for it with no luck. I dressed for church. It was raining, but we left w/o an umbrella. We got there with a few minutes to spare. Jennifer told me she found some beautiful fabric to use for costumes and would show me after church. Because this is harvest Sunday, there was a display of fall fruits and vegetables at the altar. The colors kind of matched my dress. Joanie gave the sermon. After the service I talked to Cecelia. Then Jennifer showed me her special fabric. It was a plain gold lame. I have far more impressive shiny fabric at home, but did not tell her because I don't want to part with it. There was an education meeting. We discussed a lock-in for New Year's Eve, and the Christmas program. Jennifer thought the kids should wear their costumes to church the week before to show the congregation. Somehow she has faith they'll be ready. At first she asked for 3 star costumes, now its
four star costumes, an Elvis costume, and small robes for little kids, etc. It's not like I have anything else to do. We went home to change clothes, and then went to the store in the rain. Chris pulled in at the end of the lot and I asked him to park closer. For some reason that did not sit well with him. He dropped me off under the over-hang and parked at the end of the lot. We shopped for food and I bought manual nightlight. It was the only one they had. All the rest were automatic. WE brought the food home and had lunch. I read e-mail, then melted butter in a small dish, and poured it on a sweet potato. I watched people eat cake and ice cream after church and it did not tempt me a bit. But listening to Jennifer talk about fabric for costumes really got to me. I drove to Hobby Lobby to see what they had. But they are closed on Sunday, so I went to Party City, where I bought beaded necklaces, and a headband to try for stars. I took pics of the more expensive items that might work for costumes. I came home and searched closets and shelves for costume items, and looked in craft boxes for pipe cleaners. I did not find pipe cleaners, but I did find a stretchy gold top, and my skating costume. I read e-mail while Chris ate supper, and then made a salad while listening to an audio about glyphosate. The scientist interviewed found links between the consumption of it and all major diseases of this age. It attacks the good bacteria in the body, and impedes mineral absorption. Then we watched three episodes of Star Trek the original series on VHS. These came from a yard sale. I thought we would be watching DVD's from the library, but Chris is boycotting them because of their renewal policy. If you renew a DVD online or in person, it gives you 7 days from the date you renewed it, not from the original due date. Chris thinks it is their way of collecting more fines.
*  This is Jen doing her demo at the Tuesday night meeting.  *

No comments: