Sunday, November 3, 2013

They look good enough to eat

I did not sew last night, Instead I found myself looking through holistic dental websites for alternatives to root canals for infected teeth. Is there any other part of the body that could get infected and the dr. would recommend taking it out, sterilizing it and putting it back? Just taking it out would be a last resort. So why not try to heal the tooth first?
My phone alarm went off at 8. I wasn't sure if it was the old 8am or the new 8am. I had to check with the microwave. It was the old 8am. My laptop was aware of the time change. I read some e-mail, then dressed and dug up some ferns for Cecelia. I listened to a meditation audio while doing an oil swish. I followed that with a mixture of colostrum and fermented cod liver oil. After 15 minutes of e-mail, I juiced the remaining veggies in the frig. Then I showered, dressed and went to church. I
was there in time to practice with the choir. I gave Cecelia the ferns. Doris was sitting behind her and asked if I could quilt her grandmothers quilts for her. I told her I would give her the name and number of someone with a longarm machine. I sat in our usual spot in the front row. A man I had never seen before sat in the same pew. After church he thanked me for singing so well as it helped him sing the hymns. Jeanne talked to me about a parament she wanted to make with a combination of hardanger and quilting. She wanted to do the hardanger part. Tamara spoke highly of her chiropractor and gave me his name. I went home for lunch, and to listen to an audio. I found that Tamara's chiro is on our insurance list. I was going to go quilting but Chris came home then. We went to the grocery store. After putting the groceries away, we went to Home Depot. I wanted vegetable garden plants, but they did not have any. What they did have was ornamental kale. I asked if it was edible and the sales lady called someone who called someone, etc, and the word was yes, but it won't taste the same. I bought a bunch of them, in several varieties. We also bought grass seed. On the way home we stopped at WalMart for an electric pencil sharpener. At home, Chris emptied the trunk of the ornamental plants and numerous jars of canned tomatoes from his mother. I noticed my leaf box was full of hay. Our neighbor must have dropped it off, after he finished his lawn. Chris gave me a foot rub and then we cuddled. He got up for supper. I ate some fish and salad greens. I read e-mail and watched a short video. I started a loaf of bread for Chris. Then we watched 2 episodes of Forever Knight. When we came up, the bread was finished. It smelled so good that I asked Chris if this is what heaven smells like.

No comments: