Friday, November 29, 2013

No shopping on Black Friday


I got up about 9:30.  Kurt was sleeping on the couch in the livingroom.  He used his coats for blankets.  I was so tired last night that I did not check to see that he had proper bedding.  Dad was getting his tea and Mom was sitting the in the bathroom.  He and I got her dressed and out to the den to watch Kelly & Michael until he had her pills ready.  I used the time to stitch up a hole in his t-shirt so it wouldn’t show when he used it as an undershirt.  The whole thing was in sad shape. I wondered if he would wear new undershirts if I bought them.  I juiced romaine lettuce, a green pepper and carrots.  Most of it went to Dad, with some for me, Kurt and Mom.  Then I made three breakfasts: for today, tomorrow and Sunday.  I fed Mom, got dressed, and packed up my belongings in the bedroom so Kurt could move in.  I had to pack up belongings around the rest of the house, too,  including from the food box.  Kurt and I swished with hydrogen peroxide.  I fed Mom again, and helped Dad write checks to charity, which I put in the mailbox. Chris came at 2.  The bunch of us talked.  At the last minute I remembered that I forgot to wash the juicer.  I did a rush job, then we said our goodbyes and drove to the house of one of Chris’ college roommates.  I was struck by how uncluttered his house was.  We talked to him for awhile, and then his wife came home to join the discussion.  She told us that she usually puts up three Christmas trees, but is only doing 2 this year since she will be visiting her daughter who is due on Christmas Day.  I hoped Chris would let me put up just one tree.  Around 6, we left for his parents’ house.  Cecily was cooking prime rib, asparagus, roasted tomatoes, cheesy potatoes, and Yorkshire puddings for supper.  We got to talking, as usual.  Long after supper, Cecily remembered to hand out Christmas presents.  Chris got 2 belts and lots of socks.  She gave me a pair of pearl earrings.  Conversation resumed.  Cecily went to bed.  Later, the remaining three of us checked our e-mail.  Then Alfred went to bed.  Chris stayed up until I finished my blog, and then we went to bed.
*  I owe my blog two pictures now  *

No comments: