Monday, November 18, 2013

Fall

I was somewhat awake when Chris kissed me good bye as he always does before he eats breakfast and goes to work. But today I heard him leave, and then come back in. The leaves on the steps were very slippery and he fell, with his coffee cup, getting wet leaf debris and coffee all over his suit and shirt. He said he wasn't hurt and he changed quickly and left again. I rinsed off his suit in the shower as he instructed. But he came back again, looking for his keys. They were in the door. He left through the garage. I laid down for awhile, then got up to listen to two meditations from the 21 Days of Gratitude. I had missed yesterday's session. As new sessions become available, the old ones are left up so I can go back at any time and pick up what I missed. The second one (for day 15) came with a video of nature scenes. I decided to watch it while sitting in my favorite recliner. But after only 10 minutes, the laptop ran out of battery power and shut down. When I rebooted it, I got a message that my battery should be replaced. I went outside to find a nice pinecone for Mirna. With all the leaves on the ground, they were hard to spot. The nurse from the doctor's office called to tell me my test results were normal. I was disappointed. I was hoping for better than normal considering my diet and supplements. She gave me the number for the lab so I could call and the tech said I did not need the medical ID number as long as I had date of birth written down. I finished labeling the kit, and did my exercises. I listened to a GMO audio. I turned it up and tried to do chores but the voices were too indistinct. I made bread, and sat to listen. Then I juiced, and ate breakfast. I laid out my supplements for the rest of the week as best as I could. I packed my usual lunch, and projects for my sewing box. I stopped by the lab to drop off the kit, thinking it would be quick, but had to wait for lab tech to take it personally. They only have one and he was busy. I got to the church around 12. I sewed scraps on my rug, ate lunch with Mirna and Carolyn and Barbara. I went home to get my new thimble to show off. I finished the rug around 5, packed up and went home. Chris wanted to know what his bum looked like after falling down the steps. My reaction was “Oh my God!” I was shocked by the large and terrible reddish black area. I made him look in a mirror. He told me that for future reference, a calmer response would suffice. There was a knock at the door and my Swansons order was delivered. I added to vitamin portions made earlier. I looked for a Youtube video from the thimble lady to see how she uses this special thimble. I am not sure I can quilt like that, because she has little to no tension on the fabric. I looked at some of her other videos. One is on laser-guided scissors. I like the idea and wonder if the reality is as good. When Chris was finished with his e-mail, we went down to watch several episodes of Star Trek. Then we looked up some of the characters on IMDB. I rubbed Chris' wound with coconut oil, and he went to bed.
*  This is Rebecca's snowflake.  *

No comments: