Saturday, November 30, 2013

Channeling my inner sealion



We got up after 9 and took a shower together.  When we came out to the den, Alfred was watching a show on sealions.  I added fermented coconut milk to a prepared breakfast and ate that while watching the show.  I had to look away when the commercial with the sad dogs and cats came on.  Then I checked my e-mail quickly and packed up my laptop.  Chris moved everything out to the car, and we said good bye to Alfred.  Cecily had business at the church so we did not see her.  We stopped at a gas station to fuel up, and then put on the last CD of the book called The Third Gate.  I wasn’t wild about the ending.  Then we listened to Naked Heat by Richard Castle.  It must have been based on the show.  We listened to it until we got to Bristol.  We checked into our hotel and read e-mail.  I took a walk outside for fresh air and saw the remnants of snow.  I had to take a pic.  At 5 we went to a Japanese fusion restaurant.  I ordered something called chirashi, which was 5 or 6 kinds of raw seafood plus rice with roe on it.  I was channeling my inner sea lion with all that fish.  When we got back to the hotel, we went  back to our laptops.  The internet connection faded in and out.  Finally Chris went to the front desk, and was given a card with a number on it.  He called that number and spoke with someone who diagnosed the problem and reset the router.  The connection was perfect after that.  We tried watching TV, but there was nothing we wanted to watch.  In addition to catching up on e-mail, I researched Kwadulein and Fort Leonard Wood.  We turned in before 10 EST.
*  Notice the led light at the back of the food.  It changed color every 2 seconds throughout the meal.  *

No comments: