Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Mom and Dad



I guess I oiled the bathroom door too well.  I did not hear my parents get up.  Having been up late, I woke up late.  Dad already had Mom dressed and sitting at the table, taking her pills.  I called Chris right away, as he asked.  I fed Mom Ensure, yogurt, applesauce, and coconut oil.  I took her to the bathroom, but nothing happened.  I started reading her a book.  Dad came in to say Chris had arrived and that it was time to leave.  So we got her ready and put her coat on.  It was raining so Dad gave her a very large umbrella to hold as he wheeled her out to the car.  I tried to take a picture.  After they left for the fitness center and her physical therapy appointment, I had time to get dressed, and juice kale and broccoli.   Chris got Dad’s security software working by reinstalling it.  Then he left.  I threw the pulp in the garden, along with some carrots and celery that were turning brown in the frig.   I cleaned up the juicer and countertop.  I fixed breakfast.  I sorted the laundry in the hallway into three piles.  Their bedding and my bedding was included.  As it washed and dried, I read e-mail and listened to audios.  The one by Donna Eden was great.  She knows a lot about how to work with the body’s meridian system.  As I was getting load #2 out of the dryer, Mom and Dad came home.  He asked me to hold the umbrella while he wheeled her in.  Just as we reached the back door, Faye arrived.  We chatted as we folded laundry and put it away.  We also dressed both beds.  She has their clothing and it’s storage organized.
When we came out of the bedrooms, we discovered both of them lying on the floor between the den and the kitchen.  If they wanted us to get coronaries, that was the way to do it.  He said she fell on the floor while he was out getting the mail.  So he dragged her toward the den, and lay down beside her to take a nap.  We discussed that story.   It was dark when Faye and I decided to go to Cosco.  On the way out, we ran in to Patrick.  At the store, I enjoyed walking around and looking at the items for sale.  She had me pick out a few things for my birthday.  They closed at 8:30, but we didn’t know.  So it was almost nine when we got back to the house.  Dad wanted Mom to have a bath, and none of us could put her in the tub and get her out again safely.  So Faye and I took her to the bathroom and Faye demonstrated how to give a sponge bath on the toilet.  We got her dressed for bed and put her in.  Dad came back to see that everything he needed in the morning was in place.  Then Faye left and Dad went to bed.   I sat in the den to blog.  Dad came back out for something and then left again.   

No comments: