Thursday, November 21, 2013

Scraps and costumes

I got up early to read e-mail, and listen to audios, of which there were a ton. I did my exercises, and a meditation. Before the meditation ended, the phone rang. The nurse from the dr's office called to tell me that my B-12 levels were too high. Then I separated and took out the recyclables. Today's juice featured broccoli, carrots, celery, and sprouts. I fixed breakfast, then put the fabric for Christmas blocks in the sewing box. I drove to the house next to a church where the Thursday group meets. I showed them the finished rug. I cut and sewed, making 2 blocks. One lady showed off her Disney princess quilt. When I finished the blocks, I went home. I raked leaves in the front yard, side yard and back yard while listening to an audio on the tablet. I dumped the leaves in the garden. I picked the first leaf of ornamental kale. It looked so good, but that first bite was REALLY spicy, like biting into a strong radish or turnip. I had to eat it with what was left of the fish soup. I did a second meditation and Chris came home just before it ended. I told him about my day. Then I played a short audio, and worked on my next Swanson's order while he ate supper. Using a piece of blue fabric from the church, I made two head scarves in the basement. I found cording for the shepherd headdresses. Then it was time for the guild meeting. I dropped off the bag of strips and the two blocks. I sat with Mirna and Rebecca.  Membership directories were handed out, and my picture was not in it.  But I remember them taking it.  After the usual meeting agenda, we had a speaker. She teaches math at a private school, and did a presentation of the quilted items she has made using scraps from her quilts. Her house burned down about a year ago, and she talked about that, too. I was amazed how much time she obviously had to quilt. When I taught math, there was no extra time.  I picked up a piece of free fabric from the back of the room to make shepherd costumes.  I got home after 9. Chris and I watched an episode of Star Trek featuring Trelaine. He went to bed, and I might as well, too.
*  I could not resist taking a pic of this lady's jacket.  *

No comments: