Monday, November 4, 2013

Thrifting AND quilting!

I got up pretty early, probably because of the time change. It was nice to get an early start to the day. I read e-mail, jumped on the rebounder, and listened to an audio. Then Maryann called to chat on Skype. Suddenly it wasn't so early any more. After the call, I made the colostr um mixture, but passed on juicing and went directly to breakfast. After eating, I dressed, threw some seaweed and spread in a bag, and grabbed my sewing box. I put in Christmas stocking project materials and scraps for a rug. I had no trouble getting to the church and bringing my machine inside. I cut out the parts for a stocking. Then we all ate lunch. There was beef stew and I had a bowl of that to go with what I brought. November birthdays were celebrated, and we were presented with cakes and candles and singing. Martha's husband brought a green tomato cake. That was tempting in its uniqueness. Instead of eating cake, I served it to others. After lunch, Mirna, Rebecca and I went to a second-hand store to see an old Singer machine in an old cabinet. As Mirna and Rebecca tinkered with it, I looked around for a transparency projector. I asked and there was one in the back. Score! I got a buggy for it. Rebecca decided to get the old Singer, and it was put on a dolly. We checked out the rest of the store since we were there. I bought a couple of table cloths. Rebecca brought her vehicle up to the door and we loaded our purchases. On the way back, I saw a sign for S & R Sewing. We stopped there to see what they were all about, and I bought some orange fabric. We got back to the church after 4. Many ladies were still there and we all would have gone on for some time, but the daylight faded and we had to leave. I got home after Chris. He brought in the projector for me. We ate supper, watched Forever Knight, and Inspector Linley, and went to bed.

No comments: