Thursday, February 20, 2014

Blocks in progress

I got up at 9:30. I noticed that the house smelled fresh, and discovered a window still open. I swished and read e-mail with the HappyLight. I got one from Chris about thunderstorms and high winds later today. I finished the fish quilt yesterday so I could turn it in tonight, but maybe not with the inclement weather advisory. I exercised and juiced. Then turned off the fan and closed the window. As I left the house with my sewing stuff, I took the recyclables already in tub to the curb. I went to the little house by a church where Stitch-its meets. I turned in the fish quilt to Melissa instead of waiting until tonight. One lady showed me her Flower Ball quilt. It was impressive. There were piles of fabric for the taking. As I was browsing, I got a phone call asking me to do the craft on Sunday. After the call, I selected a few fabrics, then worked on the star blocks, finishing all three. I started work on the Linus quilt only to realize that one piece needed to be re-cut before I could continue. I moved to a paper-pieced project. When that was finished, I packed up and went home. I made breakfast for lunch. I read e-mail, and tried to download the Sunday School project. I got the mail and recycling container. I sat out in the sun to enjoy the mail (mostly ads). I turned on the fan, opened some windows. I kept trying to download the project. When I saw it, I called her back. For some reason the conversation ended with her telling me she'd handle everything and all I needed to do was show up on Sunday. I kept going outside to eat, or sit or listen to an audio. I was not sure I could handle the sun going down. I posted to Freecycle to get rid of all the Swanson boxes. Chris came home. We talked and he cooked barley on the stove. I listened to an audio on longevity. When it was time to leave, I searched the house for my nametag but did not find it. I took the old one. I also took the strips and blocks. When I got there, two ladies followed me in because they had never been there before. I introduced them to the president who was greeting people. I dropped off my bag of strips and asked the collection lady if she needed help. She said yes, as soon as the meeting started. So after dropping off my blocks, I talked to Paula for a bit, then found an end seat so I could duck out when the meeting began. I looked for Monday people but only Jodi was there. So I sat by myself. Elaine came over to tell me about a book called Quilt Lab. When the meeting started, I helped Debbie parse out the strips. She had to leave early to help hold up the latest donations of comfy quilts. I love to watch, but missed it because I was organizing strips. There was a particular strip that I did not want, so when I filled my bag, I took a different pile. I laughed when I got back to my seat because it meant that I got a set with one of my own strips. During the slight intermission between the meeting and the program, I was invited to sit with Marjorie and her friends. So I did. For the program, each of the prize-winning quilts from our guild's last show were held up and a paragraph (or 5) read about the making of the quilt. It was interesting. When I got home, Chris was busy, so I read e-mail until he was ready to watch TV. It was an episode of The Flash. Then he went to bed. I stayed up to write my blog and check out the Quilt Lab book on the internet. I perused the author's blog, hoping for pictures of the quilts in the book. The sound of rain and thunder was ferocious. I wondered if I would be able to sleep.

No comments: