Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The big day

I made the bed after I got up. The time on the microwave was 6:30. I put bread ingredient in the bread machine, tweaking it to make it sweeter and more cake-like. I emptied the dishwasher, and made breakfast. I turned on the Cd player in the livingroom. It has 4 CD's in it. I exercised, and then ate breakfast. I put out a small quilt to let the ladies know this was the right place. I noticed the porch was dirty, so I swept it and then noticed the door. I washed the door as high as I could reach. I vacuumed the den again. I cleaned like there was no tomorrow - because there isn't. By then the motivation will be gone.
I took the risen dough and sectioned it into balls. I had planned to dip them in butter and then sugar and cinnamon, but they were so sticky that I skipped the butter. We did not have any regular sugar, so I put the demarara sugar in the blender. I left the balls of dough in a bundt pan to rise. I cleared the entryway table for purses. I cut up meat and cheeses, arranging it on a platter. I scrubbed the second patio table and set it up with chairs in basement. I found a platter to place cut-up carrots and celery. I put a bowl of hummus in the center of the platter. The baked bread went on a cake plate, and I put out dates. I got out the glasses, and put mugs by the coffee pot. I went down to clean the sewing room, and heard a car horn so I ran back up. Bertha and Alice had arrived. They came in the back door. I turned on the coffee pot. We sat in the dining room to chat, drink coffee and do handwork. Rebecca came later. She brought lemonade and a hedgehog fat quarter. She basted a quilt top on the ping pong table. The ladies ate later. They really enjoyed the bread. But there was a lot left over. Rebecca was the last to leave. She let me look through her lace box, and I let her pick through my lace/ribbon bin. After she left, I put away the meat and cheese cubes, and the carrots and celery. I tried a little piece of the bread. It was ok, but a dollop of coconut cream made it even better. I swept up the threads in the diningroom and returned things to their original positions. I brought in the small quilt. Chris came home and helped me take the patio table out. I put the ironing board away, and the glasses and plates. We ate chicken vegetable soup for supper. He tried the bread with brandy and then with coconut cream. He caught up on all the e-mail and stuff he missed when he was trying to save his laptop yesterday. Then we watched the original version of The Italian Job and then one episode of The Flash. I looked the movie up on IMDB. I had only seen the 2003 remake. Because today was the first day of the Tapping Summit and I did not get a notice, I signed up for it again. Then I played the audios at the end of the link and did the tapping.

No comments: