Saturday, February 22, 2014

Cleaning frenzy

I woke up thinking I might be late for Sunday School. I saw on the clock in the kitchen that it was only 7, so I went back to bed to wait for my phone alarm. I could not believe that I hadn't thought about it last night. Then I realized that it was only Saturday. Phew!
I got up again about 9 and took a shower, noticing how slowly the water drained, and how much cleaning the bathroom needed before Monday. I did my exercises in the den, and then read e-mail. I made breakfast and ate part of it. I watched a video on self health care. I went outside in the sunshine to finish breakfast and to forage. I laid in the sun for a little bit. I scrubbed the patio table. Then my attention turned to the bathrooms. I cleaned the sinks, and toilets. I scrubbed my tub, then vacuumed the floor and washed the floor by hand. I don't think I have done that before because I was surprised to find that I could not reach all the way behind the toilet. Oh well. While the floor dried, I watched another video, this one with John Gray. I ordered some organic vegetable seeds. I ate an early supper of liver and pickled garlic. I went back to cleaning, mostly in the dining room. There was a lot of stuff to go through. I ate a sweet potato and a leaf of aloe. I practiced the choir anthem.  Chris started gaming. I listened to another audio and then went downstairs to commit a neatness in my sewing room. Ha, ha. As if that were possible. I joined the edges of the binding on the batik quilt. I sewed a seam that was pinned in fish fabric, then piled all the pieces together and put them away. I made a few edits on the Linus quilt to get it ready for laying out. It went back in the box. Lots of sorting took place. I found a few more boxes that could have gone with Freecycle.  I put a backing on the second paper-pieced project.  I made it bigger than the front so that when I turned it inside out, it would show on the front.  I did not actually clean (one must find a flat surface first), but there is always tomorrow. It was getting near 10 and I found myself taking stitches out of a green strip trimmed from a quilt. I figured I could do that upstairs while on the computer. Chris was finished with the game except for the after-game chat. He got Michele on Skype so I could talk to her. She is over her cold, and enjoying her job. I had to hang up then so I could review the craft for tomorrow and pray that all the prep work has been properly done.

No comments: