Saturday, February 8, 2014

Fishing for details

We got up before 9. Chris made coffee while I boiled water for breakfast. I did my exercises, checked e-mail, juiced and ate breakfast, all by 10:30. The cut end of my aloe leaf produced a red fluid.  Thinking it might have healing propertied, I rubbed it on the red spot on my forehead.  The itching went away.  I listened to an audio on iodine deficiency due to bromine in processed foods. I was surprised to learn that iodine deficiency causes brain fog. I saw a paper-pieced heart block on Facebook. Excited to make it, I printed it on the desktop, then went downstairs to make it. The cutting table and ironing board were full of fish quilt pieces, so I finished the fish quilt, then found an extra block that had been left out, so tried to make a new plan to include it in an extra row. I came upstairs when I smelled the pork sausage Chris browned for the bean soup. I saw the sun shining, which was a wonderful and unusual site. The thermometer hasn't moved in days, but this afternoon it rose to 50. I went outside to uproot seedlings. It crossed my mind that that tree had worked hard to reproduce and that I was denying it that chance. I came in about 3. The bean soup was still not ready, so I read e-mail for awhile, and sorted receipts from last year. I was downstairs when supper was ready. After supper I was reading e-mail and thought about how I needed handwork for tomorrow. So I went to the quilt chest to find an unbound quilt. There was only one. I expected more. Anyway, I took it downstairs and looked for an appropriate binding. It did not take long with my extensive stash. I cut the strips, sewed them together, pressed the long strip in half and sewed it to the edges of the quilt. I joined the edges and started the handwork. Then I packed it in a bag for tomorrow. Chris was playing with the voices while I read e-mail and tried a deep breathing exercise. I read an on-line magazine called BeMore!. I downloaded software called F.Lux which eliminates blue light from the computer display after sunset. This should help me sleep better at night by allowing my body to start producing melatonin earlier. When Chris finished gaming, Michele was available to talk via Skype. She told me about her job teaching English. I'll bet she learns as much as they do.

No comments: