Thursday, February 27, 2014

Time-out

I woke up at 9, which is not bad for having gone to bed after midnight. I read some e-mail, then got dressed and took out the recyclables. I played an audio while juicing. I forgot to exercise and went straight to breakfast. In preparation for sewing away from home, I trimmed up all my Linus blocks, preserving the order. I opened the bag of squares and found that they were not uniform in size, proportion, or fiber content. I sorted them, and threw some back in the bag as a backup project. I rolled my cart out to the car and drove to the Stitch-its house. The tables were full, but they squeezed me in. I talked to Mary as I sewed the blocks in row 1 and row 2. Everything went well until row 3. I had to do a lot of unstitching and restitching and finally it went in time-out. I proceeded to row 4. When I finished row 4, everyone was packing up. So I did, too. When I got home, it was just after 2. I ate lunch, took my supplements, and read e-mail. I raked leaves under the magnolia tree for some fresh air. I would have found more to do, but the sunshine was not as warm as it looked. After checking e-mail one more time, I decided to work on the Linus quilt. The group is starting a new pattern on Sunday and I want to get this one out of the way. I finished rows 5 and 6, then sewed 1 to 2, and 4 to 5 to 6. Row 3 was still in time-out. I came up to greet Chris and get my camera. Then row 3 decided to cooperate and took it's place with the other rows. Chris made two beef roasts for supper. He cut for me the thickest parts which were red inside. Mmmmm. Then I fixed a sprout salad to go with it. We watched The Sting with Robert Redford for our evening entertainment. Chris went to bed, and I stayed up for day 4 of The Tapping Summit.

No comments: