Monday, February 17, 2014

Juicing aloe

Our day started around 9, I think. I followed my usual morning routine. I juiced the remaining aloe from last week after hearing that other people have done it. Maybe they peel it first because it was not very good, kind of bitter. Chris read e-mail, worked on the desktop computer and took a shower. The electricity went off, but only for 5 or 10 minutes. I packed a lunch, cut a piece of fabric in two, and took my sewing stuff to church. Glenda showed me the photo book she had made from photos at the October quilt retreat. It looked like a lot of fun. I gave the half  piece of fabric to Laurie. It matched the piece I gave her last week. She asked about the movie and I had to admit that I did not watch it all because of the language. Carolyn had Charlene look at my forehead. She recommended some hydrocortisone 1%.    I set up my machine and worked on the Linus quilt blocks. I took pictures of quilts others had done. Bertha finished a tablerunner for her daughter. Virginia did not come. When the crowd thinned, and there was more room to spread out, I trimmed the batik quilt and sewed the binding onto the front. By then only Bertha and I were there. She packed up and turned off the lights. We were out by 5. I waited for her to pull out before I left since we were the last to leave. When I got home, Chris had chicken in the oven. I ate a piece of raw fish because it won't last much longer. There was a package waiting, from Swanson's containing my latest order. When the chicken was done, I had some of that, too. It was after 7 when we went down to watch an episode of Inspector Lewis. It was still early. Chris and I dressed the bed with clean sheets. Chris packed his lunch for tomorrow. I searched the house for the HC 1% that I swear I have seen recently. After not finding it, I went on to check e-mail, follow links, and tap before going to bed.
pf

No comments: