Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Some flowers are better at arm's length

When I got up about 8, the first thing I saw was the check lying on my laptop, so I got dressed and took it out to the mailbox. On the way I dropped two bags of recyclables in the bin and put some things on top of my car (because it was locked). Then I read e-mail. One article was about the high level of pesticides on cut flowers, and sickness among florists. So there's a downside to smelling the roses, unless you grow your own. I started a loaf of bread for Chris. I cleaned the countertop under the flour and oatmeal. I did the 3-D and chi gung exercises. I juiced carrots, celery and zucchini. Then it was time for breakfast, reading e-mail as I ate. I washed my comb with boiling water, and put another pot of boiling water down the drain. It seemed to help the flow. My laptop was being uncooperative so I used the desktop to play an audio, but when it stopped, I did not restart it. I ate some olives, and then cleaned the shelves in the area where we keep food in jars. I went outside to get daylight and pull seedlings, but came in when my hands got too cold. I called Sharon and was able to leave a message about getting the garage door fixed. I knelt on the cushion and got wet spots on the towel underneath. At least the wet spots are smaller than yesterday. I finished the audio on the desktop. While I was there listening, I used Electric Quilter to design a bunch of virtual quilts. I searched the house and fabric area for battenburg lace for MaryAnn. Nothing. I tried to replace the filter in the shower, but the filter would not come off. I had some supper, and meditated. When I realized that it was 6:00, I called Chris to find out where he was. He was at a going-away party. I reassembled the shower head to take a shower. It seemed odd that I needed 90% hot water to 10% cold to get a hot shower. Is the water heater slipping up? Chris came home after I was dressed and checking e-mail. He had no trouble getting the old shower filter off and putting the new one on. I grabbed my choir folder and tablet and went to church. It was really cold outside. We sang through our pieces and some new liturgy. The tablet came in handy. When I got home, Chris was not ready to watch TV yet, so I checked my e-mail and wrote part of my blog. Then we watched an episode of Inspector Lewis where he is thinking of retiring. I stayed up to respond to Michele's post and Chris went to bed, hoping I would join him.
*  this is the arrangement from the quilt group for Barbara's funeral  *

No comments: