Sunday, February 16, 2014

What is a blended service?

I heard my phone alarm go off at 8, got up at 8:30 to shower, juice and eat breakfast. I read e-mail while I ate, then got dressed. The director asked the choir to come early to practice, but we weren't early. I practiced while Chris took his shower. Then when we got to church, I sang it through once with the choir (which was already in progress). As we waited for the service to begin, we talked about the meeting afterward concerning having a blended service. The pastor announced that on March 1st there would be a rummage sale, but no clothing was allowed.  That would be some sale. The service went as usual until Jim collapsed at the end of the choir anthem. I started tapping. Haley called 911. He was surrounded by the choir men who apparently knew what to do. They got him on his feet and walked him out to where the ambulance could get him. The pastor gave thanks for all the people who helped and then the service continued. The intern gave a powerful sermon about reconciliation. At the end, we stood in line to shake the pastor's and intern's hands. We went into the fellowship hall for someone's 89th birthday party. There were not enough tables so I suggested to Jennifer's husband, and he set up another one. Chris got a plate of food, but there was nothing I wanted. A lot of people were there, but did not stay for the meeting. We did. People spoke in favor of and against contemporary music. Some seemed interested in songs using tunes from the 60's. Once a month was suggested. After the meeting, we talked outside with a few people who like traditional music. One man liked a polka service he attended once. Then we went home to change clothes before going to the grocery store. When we got back, and unpacked, I had lunch and read e-mail. We listened to Island in the Sun on Youtube 'cause someone mentioned that he'd like it sung at his funeral. It was a good day to do yard work, but nothing really to do. So I suggested we take a walk. And we did. We passed a lady throwing out a wheelbarrow with a bad wheel. I was interested, but Chris said we could afford a new one. So after our walk, I grabbed a burnt out fluorescent bulb and we went to Home Depot. We got a 10-pack of bulbs, a wheelbarrow, a corded drill, and a weedeater. Now that we are all set for the summer here, just watch: we'll probably have to move. When we got home, I replaced the bulb and its light was not like the others. Sigh. You couldn't tell from the markings on the bulb. We ate the beef for supper, and read on line articles, etc. Chris finished off the cake. I went down to work on another heart block. I had only gotten the pieces cut when Chris came down to watch TV. The movie was called Where Eagles Dare, a WW2 flick with Richard Burton and Clint Eastwood. After that it was late and we went to bed.
*  This is the bag Bertha made last week.  *

No comments: