Saturday, February 1, 2014

Barbara's service

I heard Chris get up early to have breakfast and go get his car serviced. I got up before 8, and started reading e-mail. I came across a video of 3-D exercises designed to promote maximum joint movement. I tried them out. I meditated and listened to audios. I made breakfast. I squeezed the cushion onto towels to get some water out. I even sat on the cushion. Then I took a shower, and dressed in black. It was early yet so I listened to an audio on the tablet outside in the sun. It was a beautiful day. I came in to jot down a few notes for my blog and to stock my purse with tissues. I left for the church at 12:10. I met Virginia and Bertha on my way in. We walked around the tables of pictures of Barbara. We sat in the quilters pew (actually there were two pews of us). Bertha and I shared a hymnal. Some of Barbara's quilts were displayed at the front of the church, as well as the quilts we selected to give to the grandchildren. One of the speakers was Barbara's stepmother. She spoke well which amazed me under the circumstances. Then the pastor spoke, and he was very good. He related anecdotes from the family. In one, Barbara's husband asked her to hem a pair of jeans, and she told him that asking a quilter to hem jeans is like asking Picasso to paint a house.  He also spoke of all the ways she served in the church. 
After the service there was food in the commons area. I moved outside with a few quilters and we talked, enjoying the fresh air. Bertha went back in but I left from there, telling her she could have my cookie. When I got home I finished breakfast, and changed my clothes. I folded two baskets of laundry, then cut Chris' hair. There were two of his shirts hanging on my sewing chair because the arms were too long. So I shortened the cuffs on one shirt. Chris started gaming with the voices. I ate supper, and then shortened the cuffs on the second shirt (third one this week). I read e-mail and drank some tea. I took my laptop in the bedroom to have some quiet while I listened to another audio. When the game was over, I talked with Michele over Skype. Now I am going to turn in for the night.
*  This is the front door way at Carolyn's house.  All the black seemed fitting for this day.  *

No comments: