Friday, February 21, 2014

Reuse is better than recycle

Last night after I went to bed, I remembered that the boxes were near the front of the garage and the rain comes in under the door. So I threw on shoes and went down to move them. For a few of them it was too late, but most got rescued and put on the ping pong table. I went back to bed, and couldn't not sleep until the storm ended.
When I woke up, it was 9. I read e-mail, then did my exercises and juiced. I made breakfast, then got dressed and went into the garage. I set the boxes outside and swept the water out. The Freecycle respondents came and introduced themselves. They have an Ebay business so they need boxes and packing material. After they left, I swept out the other side. Then I sat outside to eat my breakfast while the open garage dried out. I came in to read e-mail, and listen to an audio while focusing on being calm and digesting. The audio was suggesting that in each moment you ask yourself :what can I do right now that will make me proud?” I sorted through my download file of quilt pictures, putting them in folders based on how difficult they would be to make. I did some cleaning up in the garage, sweeping leaves out. I picked up here and there around the house, all while listening to audios. Chris came home early and kept me busy for quite some time, He went to play Battletech. I ate the rest of the coconut cream, and some chicken. I cooked liver and leeks. I listened to audios while searching online for a quilting ruler in centimeters. I should have bought one in Korea when I had the chance. I found one at the JoAnns website. They offered free shipping on orders of $50 so I looked for a few more things, but didn't get that much. I cleared out two more e-mails, then was going to work on tie-backs, but then it occurred to me that I should clean while Chris is away. So that is what I did: vacuuming. Then there were all the pics from last night to crop. And now it is time for bed. 
*  This is one of the prizewinning quilts shown last night.  *

No comments: