Sunday, February 9, 2014

The Snark

We heard my phone alarm at 8, and I got up to turn it off. I told Chris about my dream while we waited for his alarm at 9. I dreamed that Chris wanted to buy a car from a private buyer, so we drove over to the house. But it was on a street at a 75 degree angle – very steep. I opened the car door and fell out. But was hanging on to the seatbelt. I told Chris there was absolutely no way I would live there. We got into the house and they were looking at flooring samples to go with the carpet. I opened the back door and all there was was a long ladder going down, so I climbed down. There was a man who said I was now on his property so I went back up the ladder. But I wasn't not tall enough to grab the door handle from the ladder. Then, to my left was a refrigerator fastened to the wall (because there was no floor). I had something to put in, but no extra hands to open the door. Then the ladder moved. Now the fridge door was open, but I wasn't close enough to close it. That is when my phone alarm went off. Finally I gave up waiting for Chris' phone alarm and got up and took a shower. When I got out it was 9:40, made and ate half of me breakfast. Chris got ready and we went to church. We had a discussion of blended services. After church, we talked to Shannon. Two girl scouts were there selling cookies. Chris bought a box. Then we went home to change clothes. I ate the other half of breakfast, and some kimchi that had been sitting out. It gets better every time. We took my car for gas, and went to the grocery store. It took us half an hour to check out due to the predictions of snow. I ate fish for lunch, and read e-mail. I took my unbound quilt to stitch group. They were talking about tornadoes. I told them I was thinking of giving up wearing bras for Lent. They were ok with that. I talked to Denise in foyer, and then came home. I put a bowl of bean soup in toaster oven. While it heated, I washed cashews and sunflower seeds to soak for tomorrow. We watched an episode of Inspector Lewis. Lewis Carroll's poem about a Snark figured in the episode, so I looked up Snark. It is considered a nonsense poem by some and a mathematical code by others. Chris packed his lunch and set out his clothes for tomorrow before going to bed. 
*  This is the Cross Wall at church  *

No comments: