Monday, October 6, 2014

A good day to have a 24th anniversary

Last night I went to bed dressed for outside. I decided that if I tossed and turned for a long time, then I would go out to the tent. I must have fallen asleep because I woke up still in bed. I got up before 8 and decided to do my Wednesday detox today in case the coming weeks are too busy. I listened to an audio that seemed to go on forever, but it gave me time to exercise, juice and make breakfast. Finally at noon, I gulped down my supplements and headed to quilting. If I had thought ahead, I might have taken Chris' car. But it did not cross my mind until I had already started my engine. So I went in my car. Instead of bringing all my stuff in, I just brought in my notions case and Chris' quilt to show off. I finished it last night just after the episode of X-File ended. The ladies were having lunch when I came in. I sat and talked with them. Then Bertha and Rebecca worked on Barbara's quilt in the garden room. I marked quilting lines on the border and stitched one corner. Bertha had to go home. Then Rebecca and I packed up the quilt. She admired the quilt I made for Chris. Dinah suggested I look in the hall closet for the iron I had donated but which they weren't using. And it was there so I took it back. Parker called to tell me that she had driven by the property yesterday and there were men cleaning up the yard. She said they had plans to re-screen the porch and fix a window. Still no funds, but the important part is cleaning up and vacating the property. So it was good news. Carolyn and Debbie left. Then Lauri and I packed up. She had more to pack because she had brought food, but she told me to go on ahead. When I got home, I rolled my sewing stuff inside. It had rained so I closed the garage doors because I would not be mowing. I made an egg salad with hummus for lunch. I also had some fermented cabbage. I went out to the tent to bring in the bedding so it wouldn't get wet. I brought in the blankets and sheets and pillows. The padding was still in there and I laid down for awhile to watch the tent leak. It was raining harder and I didn't want to get the padding wet. So I moved it as far as I could from where the leaks were. Then I put out the rain collection tubs. I finished sewing shut the remaining pillow for my mother-in-law while sitting on the porch under the overhang. I made our bed and spread the anniversary quilt across it. That way I can tell him that his anniversary present is in the bedroom. I cleaned up the table that Chris normally sat at and put a new tablecloth on it. I cleaned up the kitchen counters and all the empty shaker bottles and dropped bottles from supplements. All the quilt magazines lying around got put in a box. I threw out one of my sprouted sweet potatoes that was bad. I didn't know if it went bad and then attracted fruit flies, or if the flies made it go bad. Rebecca had suggested some quotes I could put on Chris' quilt to fill up the empty boxes. I thought of a few more and e-mailed Michele. She was full of suggestions. I grabbed the quilt off of the bed to write on it. But my phone rang. It was Chris who had caught an earlier flight. Hastily I put the quilt back. I drove off into the rain, thunder and lightning toward the airport. The rain made so many reflections it was like a fun house. I could not tell what was real and what wasn't. I think I ran someone off the road because I could not see the lines in the turn lane. When I got to the airport, Chris was waiting outside. I let him drive us home. The car gave him no trouble. He was hungry so he got turkey burgers from the freezer and made rice. I took the quilt off of the bed, figuring I could write on it tomorrow and present it later. While he ate, I pulled the wet bedding from the tent and put it in the garage. Then he showed me the results of his workouts and led me to bed... I was cold so I put on a nightgown and posted to my blog. Then I shut off the router and went to back to bed.

No comments: