Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Why is it never easy?

Last night I laid down in the tent with my eyeshades and mp3 headphones. I was comfortable and plenty warm. But there was a dryness in my throat that would not let me sleep. I stayed there until the headphones ran out of power. Then I went inside to drink. There was a strobe light effect from a column of lights in the distance. I had never noticed this before and wondered if a new cell phone tower had been built just north east of here. After a glass of water, I fell into bed.
I got up when I heard the alarm. I wrote a list of things to do today. I checked e-mail, exercised, juiced, and cleaned up in the kitchen. I grabbed a pair of pants that needed the hem fixed (and needle and thread) and went to the Tuesday quilt meeting. I talked to Beverly as I finished re-stitching the hem: one more thing off my list of things to do for other people. She left and Jane talked to me. She gave me a coupon for Michaels. Several people reminded me that we are all supposed to bring cupcakes next week to donate to their trunk-or-treat. I was noncommittal on the cupcakes
. When I left there, I had to pull out into Jordan road traffic. It made me think that Tuesdays will be the last day I add to the list of days I drive Chris' car. For now it is Mondays and next I will add Thursdays. I stopped at the Asian store for kimbap and sprouts. I also bought a persimmon to try juicing. I ate half of the kimbap in the car. Then I drove over to Michaels to look for glow-in-the-dark paint for kids. I couldn't find it so I had to ask. They couldn't find that kind, but called the # on one bottle and learned that the AP seal meant it was non-toxic, approved for kids, etc. So I bought the smallest bottle. Then I walked to the bank to get cash. The loan officer waved to me so I chatted with her for awhile. Then I got money and came home. I put on an audio on adrenal fatigue. It was dead on. I finished the kimbap with kimchi. I ate the hummus from yesterday's lunch. I laid out in the sun for 20 minutes. Then I made breakfast. I spent some time outside raking up magnolia cones and packing them in the hole in the backyard and covering it with dirt. I am sure they will eventually decompose and the hole will be back. I also replanted a dozen of the kale seedlings into the flower bed by the house to grow as long as the weather permits. I went to my sewing room to work on row 4 of the red dove banner. I played an audio as I worked. I ran out of bobbin thread and wound 5 more so that won't happen again any time soon. When the audio finished, I was going to play the meditation that went with it, but it would not play uninterrupted in the couch area. So I went upstairs to play it in the bedroom. I took a break to check e-mail and eat some sweet potato and let the laptop recharge. I went back down to finish row 4 and pull out some fabrics for row 5. It was almost 9 so I came up to skype with Chris. He asked me to scan a paper that came in the mail. Well, the desktop had rebooted itself and was not responding to the mouse. I tried ctl-alt-delete to reboot it, but that doesn't reboot any more. It brought up a list of options that I could not get the cursor to. But by random tabs, I eventually hit something that rebooted it. THEN, when the item was scanned and saved, it did not appear in the folder in which I saved it. Like Captain Dylan Hunt, I had to ask “Why is it never easy?” When I finally got a hold of it, it said it was in that file. ?!?!?!? “Microsoft sucks” is the only explanation that makes sense. I sent Chris the scan and took a moment to write to my blog before going to bed.
*  this is a picture Chris sent me from his quarters in Honduras.  I wasn't expecting it to be so green.  *

No comments: