Monday, October 27, 2014

Sewing to beat the band

I slept in the bedroom last night. After having the windows open all day and putting the fan on, the air was cleaner and fresher. I still turned off the router. When the alarm went off at 8, it seemed to go on for a longer time than usual so I got up to see what happened, and I couldn't tell. But it was 8:01 when it finished and that was definitely unusual. I went back to bed but not for long since I wanted to call Ralph. I did not see his number in my phone, so I turned on the router and laptop to find his number. I got caught up in reading e-mail. Then I put his number in my phone, but I heard the garbage truck, so I ran the garbage out to the road. Then I saw the kale needed watering, so I did that. Then I checked the tent and got stung by a large bee inside. I got him out with a stick, but it made me wonder how he got in. I came inside to find something for the sting. I could not find sodium bicarbonate, so I used potassium bicarbonate. It felt better and I tapped, and made a list of things to mention to Ralph. Then I called him, but only got his voicemail again. So I went back to my e-mail. Jeanne called to say she had finished with the dove and could drop it off at the church later this morning. I had e-mailed a friend last night and sent it to both of the addresses that popped up. Well, she wrote back to say only one was still in use. So I went to my address book to delete the other one, and it wasn't in there. However, it still pops up when I type her name into the recipient line. How do I get rid of it? I realized it was 10 and I needed to get moving if I were to get to Jeanne on time. She had given me her cell number, so I typed it into my phone. I forgot to exercise, but took the vitamin C , and colostrum. I juiced, and meditated, and made breakfast. I started listening to an audio about meditation. I packed my sewing stuff in Chris' car, and drove to the church. I set up my machine in the back. Jeanne called to say she was here, so I went out front to meet her and get the banner now with dove. While the other ladies ate lunch, I cut squares and strips to make the two blocks due today, then handquilted on the border of Barbara's quilt. When Lauri was ready to leave, I sold her the rest of the band fabric because she wanted it and I knew it would be awhile until I used it up. I drove home with no problem because I did not have to stop at the intersection of Drake and Whitesburg. I moved my sewing stuff inside, and ate the rest of the fish and checked e-mail. I listened to more of the audio, and turned the fan on, but then had trouble hearing the audio. I checked out the tent,and it was ok – no bees. I raked leaves in the back yard. When I came in, I called Dad. He talked for quite some time, and seems to be alright. I tried eating some yellow yam, but it was not good so I assumed I hadn't baked it long enough. I put it in the oven. I put some onion soup in the toaster oven. I opened a Halloween card from MaryAnn. It had a cute play on words. I ate a boiled egg. I went downstairs to find fabric to back the altar cloth. It had to be white because it hangs on the edge and the rest goes under the white parament. Well, I found an old but good sheet that had been cut into. It was big enough, but there were two spots on it. I treated them with a stain stick. Then I decided that if I backed it with the same fabric I used for the matching pulpit cloth, then I would not need as much white (and therefore the stains would not matter.) So I laid the backing out on the pingpong table, and taped it down. Then I spread the top on the backing and pinned it once in each block. I machine-basted around the edges. Then I considered how to quilt it. I marked one line, put the sheet in the wash, then came up to eat my now-cooled onion soup. It did not taste right, so I took some activated charcoal after I finished eating it. I got online to read e-mail and watch some tapping videos, waiting for Chris to come online. When I pulled the chunks of yellow yam from the oven, they were very crusty on the outside and flaky on the inside, like a piece of hard over-done bread. Since it was so much like bread, I decided to try it with ghee. Chris skyped me so I talked to him for a while, and then when he was putting his supper away, I got another piece of yam and applied the ghee. After we were done, he hung up and I finished my tapping video. I posted to my blog and considered whether I should watch the last episode of X-Files or save it for tomorrow night (when it might get late again).

No comments: