Saturday, October 25, 2014

Pics of pics

Last night when I turned out the lights, the clear plastic bucket of rice glowed, 'though not enough to photograph. But then I noticed that the newspaper that the rice had dried on was glowing too. Cool.
I went out to the tent to sleep. Someone was having a party with loud music, but around midnight they turned it off. Not long after that, nature called. After I answered, I came back out to the tent. I heard two little critters scratching under the tent. However, I did not hover on the edge of sleep, like yesterday, imagining things and wondering if they were real. I thought about where else I could sleep which would be away from electrical fields and critters and open to fresh air. I went to sleep, and woke up, probably around 7. After gathering up my energy, I came in and laid down until long after my alarm went off. Then I fired up the computer, and went through the usual routine. I unstacked the dishwasher and put the dishes away. I listened to an audio, read e-mail, juiced, and watered the kale. I meditated, and made breakfast. I finished the audio, and made plans to visit Alison to get soap and eggs and honey. I called Parker. She said they took the trampoline away and so were done. But I need to call Ralph to find out what all he is going to do so Parker can hire people to clean and pick up the yard if necessary. I laid in the sun, then started laundry. I looked at old photos rescued from the shed. I left Ralph a message to call me. I raked leaves, and put bricks all around the tent to impede the critter, thinking that this tent thing isn't working out as well as I had hoped. But sleeping indoors is a problem too. Maybe it's just menopause. I came in to check my phone for messages, and then listen to another audio. The audio mentioned spiritual parasites. Sounds yucky. I ate the rest of a jar of fish soup, and went through a pile of pics of old quilt projects and photographed them for my Pinterest page. It was hard to get a pic without reflection from overhead lights or my shirt. I uploaded the pics to Pinterest. I read old blog entries and realized that I used to get a lot more sewing done. I went down to sew all the red strip blocks together. When I was down to the last seam, it was time to check for Chris on Skype. He and Michele were on so I called. We had a nice time chatting about old times and old music. I tried to make my rice glow for them, but it wouldn't show up. Chris went to bed and Michele and I chatted some more. I held up old photographs to her to see. At 11 it was time to sign off and go to bed. But not before blogging. 
*  I could not resist these pics of Michele and I wearing the same outfit.  *

No comments: