Monday, October 20, 2014

Like it was all a dream

Chris' alarm went off at 4:30. We did not get up. Later he took a shower. When he left the bedroom dressed, I got dressed and put h2o2 in my ears and gargled with it. Then I joined him in the den. I just watched him for a little bit, then I started stacking the dishwasher. When he was ready, we went to my car. I let him drive us to the airport. There was more traffic than I expected, but it wasn't bad. We got out, kissed and said goodbye. He went in the terminal, and I drove home. I was proud not to have cried much. But it did involve forcing myself to think other thoughts. I had no trouble following the traffic signs home. I went back to bed, and was glad I could. I fell asleep. When I woke up, the sun was shining.  It was like the last two weeks were but a dream. I heard my alarm go off, but did not get up. Then I heard a phone ring, but it didn't sound like mine. I was worried that Chris had left his behind. I searched for it, but could not find it before it stopped ringing. Then I heard my phone chime a voicemail. So I checked it. It said Chris called, so I called him back. He told me he was boarding the plane in Atlanta and that he loved me. After the call, I checked the voicemail. It wasn't a message, it was Chris talking to some agent at the airport at a distance. Since I was up, I finished stacking the dishwasher and ran it since it did not get its Friday run. I boiled my toothbrushes. I sat down to read e-mail. I tried to listen to some audios from last week, but they must have expired yesterday. I played an audio that came in today as I exercised, and juiced. I meditated on my own, and made breakfast. Then I meditated again because there was a meditation on the audio. I packed a lunch, and took Chris' car to quilting. I worked on Barbara's quilt with Bertha, and Alice. Denise called, and I talked to her for some time. We agreed to meet on Wednesday. I worked on the quilt some more. We may finish it in November. I asked Bertha to take me to the airport for Christmas, and she said she'd be in town. Lauri gave me a bag of scraps that she bought at the quilt shop. Alice added more scraps to it. I marked the last quilting lines on Barbara's quilt before we packed it up. Bertha followed me onto Drake so I would feel safe in case I stalled Chris' car. I had trouble at the light because somehow I had put it in reverse instead of first. But then I was ok and she turned in the church parking lot and went the other way to meet the other ladies at a restaurant for dinner. They asked me, too, but I told them I was having fish soup. By their expressions, you would have thought I announced I was going to eat raw liver.
When I got home, I checked the mail, and then put fish soup in a bowl in the toaster oven. But I was too hungry to wait, so I ate some cheese as I sat down to read e-mail. I ate the fish soup with a little rice thrown it. I unloaded the dishwasher, and loaded the tent with bedding. I checked the weather report and it was going to be dry and cold. I read e-mail, and listened to some short audios. I looked through old pictures rescued from the shed in Pinehurst. Some were of my mother and I wished I had had them at her funeral. Chris skyped me from his quarters in Honduras. I tried to play an audio but it took too long to download, so I went downstairs to sew. I saw that there was one episode of Castle left. So I watched it. Then I finished the third row of red strip squares. I realized that the first square in row one was missing and went looking for it. But I did not find it :( Then it was time to go to bed.
*  This is Bertha wearing the lovely jacket Dinah made for her  *

No comments: