Friday, October 31, 2014

Yes, I know it is Halloween, but...

Last night I placed my Swansons order and went to bed – before midnight even. I had just woken up this morning when I heard the phone alarm. I stayed in bed for a few minutes, but somehow it was after nine when I got to the kitchen after turning on the router and awakening the laptop. I felt good, with no effects from the hike yesterday. I read e-mail while swishing, then listened to an audio while exercising, and juicing. I paused the audio to meditate, and then made breakfast. I listened to another audio on preparing to survive a large EMP (electromagnetic pulse) which will fry everything electrical unless it is protected by a Faraday cage. He recommended ceramic water filters, freeze-dried foods, seeds, essential oils for medicinal purposes, and some sort of protection from people stealing your food. He also recommended learning a valuable skill that you can use to barter for whatever you need. I hope that includes sewing. I stitched more of the binding on the dove project as the audio played. I had to rip some out that did not meet my standards and that made it take longer. At 1:30 I decided to practice driving before the schools let out, knowing I definitely did not want to be driving when trick-or-treaters were out. I went out twice, and then the rain started. I put bedding in the back of my car, knowing it would not get wet in the rain. I tried it out, and it was fairly comfortable. Since the car recognizes my key before I use it, I wondered if the car was a transmitter, of if the key was. When I came in, I put the beef heart in a large pot on the stove to cook. I stitched through tow more audios. I stacked and ran the dishwasher. When I finished the altar cloth, I went down stairs to use stitchwitchery to fix the accidental slice. Then I called Jeanne to tell her it was ready. She called someone else, and they told her the paraments this Sunday would be white, not red. So the dove set will not be used until May or June. Oh well. I tasted the beef heart and it was done, so I had two pieces. When it was cool, I put the whole pot in the fridge. Moving on to the next project, I looked up ideas for making a quilt from a panel. I did not see anything that spoke to me. I remembered that Toniette did one once, and I looked it up on my blog. I went down to try a simpler version since this project is due Sunday afternoon, bound and quilted. (I will be so happy to have all of these projects out of the way.) When I finished the top, I came upstairs to see if Chris was on Skype, and he was. So we talked for awhile, and then he went to bed. Now it is my turn. When I was out in the garage choosing fabrics to go with the panel, it was so cold, that I thought sleeping in the car was not such a hot idea.
*  ...this panel is due on Sunday.  *

No comments: