Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Taking car of errands

I woke up before 8, and checked the basement for water. I also checked the time. I went back to bed intending to get up in 8 minutes when the alarm went off. But I didn't. Chris wanted to snuggle longer. Later I did get up to put on an audio on electrical sensitivity and exercise. I cleared some e-mail, and juiced. I wrote down the quotes that had been suggested. While Chris went to the eye doctor, I took the quilt to the Sew Faithful group. They liked it, and offered to sign it, so I let them. Then I sat and wrote on it. When I finished, I went to the Asian store for sprouts and kimbap. It wasn't as good as the usual one since that lady was on break. (How dare she?) Then when I got home, I looked up more quotes. I toweled some water out of the tent. When Chris got home, I gave him the quilt. He told me he had to go back to get a glaucoma check. He called the dealership to make arrangements to have something done on a recall. I called an automotive center to make arrangements to get a second opinion on my car. I made breakfast (after eating all the kimbap). He loaded the glass recyclables in his car and we went to the recycling center to drop them off. Then we went to post. We stopped at one place to talk to a few people he knew. Then we went to Pagano gym to check out the facilities. They have a scanner for ID's which can't scan mine, but the guy said if I asked for him, he would remember me. So I plan to use their sauna over the winter. Then Chris let me drive his car to the library. We got Dvd's and Cd's for the long drives we will be taking. It'll be good to have a book on CD for the long trip because I need the sleep. We tried to stop by the visitor's center where they might be willing to make me a spouse's badge (which would work with the scanner), but it was closed. When we got home, I toweled the rest of the water from the tent and laid down on a dry towel. It was nice in there, even without all the padding. Then I asked Chris to help me pull the tarp over the tent so it won't leak so badly next time it rains (which could be soon). I thought about mowing, but the grass did not look bad and it was getting dark. I ate the nuts and berries that I forgot to put in my breakfast. I also had a square of dark chocolate. I finished my EMF audio, and heard one on exercise. It was frustratingly non-specific. I guess they want the listeners to buy their program. I drew a diagram of the next week and a half to see where we might have time to spend at a national park. I put in what we already know, and there wasn't much left except for the first of next week. I sat with Chris to fill in the blanks. He made himself supper. I made up a weeks worth of supplements to last until we get back. Then I placed a Swanson's order and an Amazon order to restock the items that are running out, and try some new ones. When I finished that, we went downstairs to watch TV. First we watched some short vids making fun of DnD scenarios. Then we watched 2 episodes of Castle. I mentioned to Chris that it was 11:40 and that he planned to get up early to take his car to the dealership. He put on a third episode. I thought I was tired enough to sleep through it, but I didn't. When we went upstairs, I was so tired I just fell into bed, figuring to post to my blog in the morning
*  This is a Linus quilt that Alice is working on  *.

No comments: