Thursday, October 30, 2014

Hiking on the mountain

I did some tapping before I went to bed. I did it sitting in the den with the lights out. I could hear a roach off to the left. How is it I can hear that, but not the car engine when it needs to shift? When I went to bed, I had trouble sleeping because of another roach. This one was climbing on the venetian blinds. I saw it when I turned the light on. I swiped at it with a shoe, but it fell into a pile of Chris's clothes and scurried off. Next time I heard it, it was on the other side of the room, at another window. Why is there always a critter in my sleeping space? Am I really that attractive?
I heard the alarm go off at 8, but my back said it wasn't ready to get up. Gee, maybe hiking later isn't such a great idea. I did some stretching and rolling and finally got up. I swished, and read e-mail. I added more X-Files episodes to my Netflix account. I exercised. When I juiced, I dropped the sprout container and they went everywhere. After drinking, I sat and meditated. Then I got dressed and took out the recyclables. I saw my neighbor bringing his tub back from the road, so I left my tub in the carport. William called and seemed very talkative. I made breakfast and ate it while he was talking. Then since I was so late for the Thursday group, I decided to stay home and work on the altar cloth. I hemmed the white part that will lay on the altar. I sewed it to the top of the top. I cut strips to make binding for the red part. While trimming the top in preparation for the binding, I inadvertently cut into the white part which was stitched to the top already. So I made a note to fix that. Then I sewed the binding onto the front. It was 2:30 then, so I put it away, and came up to prepare for the hike. I put on jeans and found a backpack to hold a water bottle. I filled the bottle. I put a towel in in case I got hot and sweaty. I put in tissue to blow my nose. And I put in $2 for entry to the park. I tried on Michele's hiking shoes, but they did not fit well and I was worried that even a small difference would become large over a long walk. So I wore my jogging shoes. Then I put the backpack on and walked out the door. Terry was waiting for me in the driveway. We needed walking sticks so I grabbed a rake handle and long dowel from the carport. Terry drove us up the mountain on a long and winding road (cue Beatles music). It led to a park where we each paid $2 to get in. Then we parked in a lot with a number of other cars, some of which she recognized. She introduced me as the other ladies showed up. One of them lent me her extra jacket because the temp was definitely lower at the higher elevation. After a perusal of trail maps, Marta picked one and we headed off. It was listed as 3.4 miles. There was a natural pairing as we drifted into conversation. The pairs changed occasionally. Terry has been reading my blog so she asked about some of the things she read. The terrain was not bad, but the roots and rocks were an invitation to twist an ankle. I spent all my time watching for roots as we walked so did not notice much of the scenery. I wished I had my camera though. I was surprised how quickly we reached the end of the trail, although if we had walked any faster, I would have been running. I was tired when we got back, but it passed. We stood around talking about next time, and when a plan was made, we left. I rode back with Marta, the organizer. We stopped at the park restroom, then went into town to drop someone off and pick up dinner for her family. She dropped me off at my house and I pointed out my tent. Then she left and I sat in front of my laptop and caught up on e-mail. I ate dates, an egg, yellow yam, and fermented cabbage for supper. I called Ralph and we talked about the work he is doing on our house in Pinehurst. He said I wouldn't recognize it now. He is going to make it look so good that we will move back in. If only that house were here in Huntsville... When he was done, Chris skyped me. We did not talk long. Then I brought up the banner to finish the binding by hand. As I worked, I listened to another audio, this one on theta healing. At 10:30, I decided to call it a day and go to bed. If there were bedding in the tent, I would go out there. But it is tough to assemble in the dark. Oh yeah, I have a Swanson's order to place before midnight. I hope I get to bed by then.
*  This is Cindi wearing her pumpkin costume for trunk or treat. *

No comments: