Sunday, October 5, 2014

First cold night

The temperature dropped steeply overnight. Thankfully I had enough sense to wear sweat pants and shirt and my usual blankets kept me warm at first, and then I opened the rolled up sleeping bag that served as a knee pillow. So cold was not a problem and there was very little scratching from … whatever it is that scratches. But still it was hard to sleep. That part is the same whether I sleep inside or out. I woke up at 6:30 and came in for a potty break, turned on the heat and went to bed. I had closed most of the windows last night so the house wouldn't be cold, but it was down to 65.
I stayed in bed until almost 9. I read through some e-mail, swishing. I took both packets of Vit C together. Then I made breakfast and ate part of it while listening to an audio on healthy soil. I had to stop it so I could take a quick shower and get dressed for church. When I got to church, the choir was lined up ready to practice but hadn't quite started. So I wasn't really late. During the service, Doris sat with me since she said we were both alone. And then Cecelia sat with us too because her husband stayed home. We are all sopranos voices, and got compliments for singing so well together. I put in my offering for October. November and December so I would not have to worry about remembering that. I had brought Margie's jacket, but she wasn't there so I left it in the office. Since Pastor wasn't there, we did not have communion and since I was not paying attention, the service seemed to end too quickly. Cecelia straightened the kneelers after the service. I talked to several people who assured me that driving stick was fun and with practice, could be done without thought. Uh huh, sure. I went to Publix for groceries for me and Chris. I put them in the fridge and made notes for my blog, and finished breakfast. I changed my clothes and put my sewing stuff in the car. The church where Renegades meets was not far away. I was there by 1:15 and they had space for me. Somehow it took me 45 minutes to stop talking and pick out strips to get started. (Why I am starting a new one when I have not finished the one from July is beyond me).   My idea was to sew short strips into longer strips and then made sets of 5 to subcut. By 3:30 I had 20 subcuts. But then it was time to pack up. I got home about 4:15. I did some watering and picked some cherry tomatoes. I left my sewing stuff in the car for tomorrow. I ate something, and was feeling sleepy. But I made myself mow first. Dillon came over to see how I was doing. I finished mowing and went into the tent for a nap. Sadly the somnolence was over. As I came in, I felt sleepy again. I ate something and checked e-mail, finished the woodchip video from this morning. I laid in bed trying to nap, and that didn't work either. I heard the skype sound and got up to talk to Chris. During our chat, he suggested that if I bought super balls to hand out for Halloween and did not want any leftovers, he could take them back to Honduras and pass them out at the orphange. So I looked them up on Amazon. I bought a bunch of those and some other small items that would work well as handouts. I plan to watch the remaining episode of X-Files and go to bed.
*  this is Bertha's version of the quilt we worked on today  *

No comments: