Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Coming in out of the rain

Last night I went to bed in the tent with earbuds. The critter came but apparently I was able to scare it away. I fell asleep listening to my ipod, but woke up hearing the rain and having to pee. I bundled all the bedding in the center of the tent, gathered up the small things (flashlight, eyemask, etc) and exited the tent, zipping it shut against the rain. I went inside for the rest of the night. It occurred to me to put my rain collecting tubs out, but I was too tired and didn't want to get wet. By morning the rain had stopped. I waited until long after the alarm to get up and start my day.
I fired up the computer and turned on the router. I checked e-mail, and put Netflix in the mail. The dirty dishes were put in the dishwasher. The sink drained slowly, so I plunged the sink. Then I scrubbed the sink. I threw out the rest of the onion soup. I put away the garb I wore for trunk-or-treat. I put away the soap I bought yesterday and the soap that came with the supplements. I put on an audio while I detoxed with coffee. I washed a little too much produce for juicing, so I put some sprouts back in the fridge for tomorrow. I packed my gym bag with three filled water bottles, towels, bathing suit, lock, etc. On my way out I saw the tent and pulled the bedding out to dry on the fence. Running late, I ran to the gym on post, and got in the sauna by 2:05. A lady came in with me but only stayed 5 minutes. Later another lady came. She did lots of stretches to warm up for weight lifting. Some time after that, the temp went up. I thought someone had turned it up, but the setting was the same when I came out. I had been in for 1.5 hours with two breaks. My three water bottles were empty, but I hadn't sweated all that much. I showered, and dressed, making a mental note to bring soap and a comb next time. I came home, combed my hair, and made breakfast. After breakfast, I mowed the front yard with all its leaves. Usually I rake first, but the grass there is so shallowly rooted. I plugged the mower back in and read e-mail. I called Terry to get details for hiking tomorrow. I ate an egg and some cheese, chocolate with dates, and dates with yellow yam. I felt like I had to eat it because I cooked it, but it was like eating really stale French bread.  Almost impossible.  I pulled the tent bedding off of the fence and put it in the garage; it was not adequately dry:(  I found my bifocals in Chris' car where I must have put them on Monday.  I needed them for choir.  I put duck eggs, and licorice tea in a bag for Jennifer. I picked up my tablet and choir music to take to church in my car. I arrived there a little early. I talked to the guys about driving stick. I gave the eggs and tea to Jennifer. She gave her daughter a $5 bill to pay for the eggs. I turned on the tablet and then Shannon sat with me. She has no trouble holding pitch. I only wish the tablet would tell me if I am on the right note. She said her elbow would tell me if I was on the wrong note. After practice, I went home. I put down half of the back seat in my car. I called up an audio on my laptop, and brought up some red thread to continue handquilting around the dove while I listened. I finished the dove and pulled out a row of basting when Chris skyped me. We talked for a little bit and he had to go to bed. Now it is my turn. Where shall I sleep tonight?
*  Here are two more trunk or treaters from Sunday  *

No comments: