Thursday, October 2, 2014

Reducing the pile

Because I went to bed so late after rewriting the document, I stayed in the house. I expected to get up hearing the phone alarm, but after waking up on my own and waiting for it, I got up to look. It was 8:45 and then I remembered that I had turned the volume down during choir practice, which would explain why I did not hear it this morning.
I called Parker. She said the document I wrote still had a few points that sounded unfriendly or off-putting. So I re-wrote the document to make it friendlier, and sent it to Parker. I exercised, juiced, and called Kurt. He said he couldn't visit us even if we drove to Virginia. I grabbed a package of dates and sewing stuff, and went to meet Linda at church. I gave her the quilt top and backing. We had a nice chat. Then I went to Stitch-Its. I sat and talked while others ate. There was fabric on the pool table for sale. The owner was moving and had to downsize. So I looked at the fabric and bought $10 worth. I came home early to look for Parker's Docusign document. Not there. I called Parker and left a message saying the tenants had a lot to do to get out by the 15th and she'd better tell them that we are not letting them stay until February. Suddenly the document was there. I signed it, and laid out in sun. I watered the kale and picked two tomatoes, eating one. Parker called to say she got the document and would call the tenants to let them know to sign it. I made breakfast, ate it, and listened to a Podcast on perfectionism. I called Faye about next Saturday and she was ok with it. So I called Chris' parents, but they were not home. Then they got on Skype, so I called them that way. They confirmed for the 11th. So I called Faye back. I listened to another audio, this one on cancer. I ate some dark chocolate and berries. I fired up the leaf blower and cleared the driveway and carport. I tried the lawn, but it did not work well there. I blew leaves into piles on the patio and moved them to the compost. It must be an art, 'cause it is worse than herding cats.
I listened to two tapping audios, stepping through them to find the tapping parts. I filled church envelopes for Oct, Nov and Dec. I plan to put those in the offering this Sunday and not have to worry about remembering that anymore. I took Chris' keys and headed to the carport. I saw that I had left the rake out. At first I thought that was bad 'cause it might get rained on. But seeing how badly we need rain, I was willing to risk it. I had a new proof of insurance slip for each car. I put mine in my car and Chris' in his car. Then I drove his car around the yard, practicing starting forwards and backwards on a slope without drifting. With some trepidation, I turned onto the road, to the right. I went around the block, including the 4-way stop. I was hesitant about turning corners because I did not know if I needed to downshift. Once around the block was enough and I parked the car.
To get some relief from the pile in my sewing room, I stitch three patches on a jacket for the pastor's wife. I noticed a Harley Davidson emblem on the back. Never would have guessed. I sewed backings on two pillowtops. I tried to stuff a pillowform in the first one, and realized when I was almost done, that I hadn't turned it rightsides out yet. So I had to backtrack. I staystitched the open edge because of all the seams and it puckered. On the second one, I stitched a strip of fabric to the open edges instead of stay-stitching. I left the plastic cover on to insert the form, and then pulled the cover out. I took a shower. The filter sprayed water from the joint. Try as I might, I could not tighten it enough to stop the spraying. I watered the tomatoes, and drove to Jennifer's house to watch Project Runway. No one answered the door so I sat in my car to wait for the other ladies. After a few minutes Jennifer called me to say they were still at a soccer game and no one else was coming. She hoped I hadn't left my house yet. So I went home. Chris had just gotten on Skype, so we talked for awhile. He anticipates a busy weekend. The base is having it's first annual Octoberfest tomorrow. And today (if I have it right) is Soldier's Day which means there will be fireworks at 3:30 am. Hey, I love fireworks, but not so much at that time of the morning. I wrote to my blog. I checked my spam folder for an e-mail I was expecting. It was there. I kept deleting spam, hoping to clear it all, but the delete function stopped working. I posted to my blog and hope to go to bed.

No comments: