Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Access to MWR facilities

Chris got up when his alarm went off. It was still dark. He got dressed and took his car to the dealership. The plan included me picking him up at some point because no one knew how long it was going to take. I must have gone back to sleep. I remember thinking I should follow him, but it was flooding and I couldn't drive my car through all the water. Then he came back, soaking wet with a towel over his head saying that the engine seized up, all the trouble indicators were on and that he was giving his car to Faye. Thankfully it was just a dream. I woke up with my alarm at 8. I called Chris and he said it wouldn't be much longer so not to come get him. I cleared some e-mail, listened to an audio on health care and exercised. I posted to my blog. Chris came home, and we decided to take my car in today. I got dressed and I followed him because he had the GPS. We found the place and parked. It was a nice place to buy automotive parts and get a car fixed. I told the man what the problem was and he was telling me a story about how they fixed a similar problem for someone else. It sounded like Jennifer's son's experience and then we realized we were thinking of the same person. So I left my key and car with them. Chris drove us home. We found our wedding license to get a spouse's badge. He went to visit the guys for lunch. I worked on the second red banner downstairs while listening to an audio. When he came home, we went to post. First we went to DHR for a spouses badge, but he said they don't do that, and sent us to another lady who said we had to go to ACS and pay a fee since I am not a military spouse. But then we got sent to MWR, who gave us one for free. The man deserves an ICE award. Do these people talk to each other? We went to Publix on the way to practice driving at Mayfair. We bought a few groceries, some of which were frozen so we had to go home before driving practice. Chris let me drive home. I know that when the engine is running too fast, I should shift up. When its running too slow, I should shift down. But what should I do when it smells like it is burning? Cry and apologize. He insisted I hadn't broken his car and I coasted down the hill in neutral until we got to our turn, then drove home and parked the car. We put the groceries away and Chris drove us to Mayfair, a huge church with a huge parking lot. I practiced shifting up and up, and starts and stops. They did not have much in the way of inclines. So when I drove us home, I continued past our house and turned left to the steep hill. I got two stalls and two starts with just a little slippage. Then, exhausted, I drove home. We fell into bed ( I guess we got up too early). My phone rang, which woke us up. It was Chris' Mom asking about cauliflower casserole. We read e-mail, and I finished an audio from this morning on natural cures from the owner of the website Wellnessmama.com. She rubs magnesium oil on her feet and covers them with socks to help her sleep. Chris tightened the shower filter so it wouldn't leak and I took a shower.   then I oiled my feet and put on socks.  We ate some figs with a square of dark chocolate.  Then we watched “Those Magnificent Men and Their Flying Machines”, and two episodes of Castle. I found a new website to order vitamin C from and then posted to my blog. He went to bed and now I shall join him.
*  this is from the Chattanooga show  *

No comments: