Friday, October 3, 2014

A pleasant evening

The night started out ok, but I had trouble sleeping, then it rained. I stayed put until nature called. I came in to answer the call, and then stayed inside. I still couldn't sleep. I got up at 7 to leave a voicemail for Parker. Then I went to sleep, and woke up at 9 wondering what happened to the alarm. I checked it, and it seemed fine. I also checked e-mail, listened to an audio, and exercised. There was still some rain, so I cleaned the rain tubs and put them out. I made breakfast, and talked to Parker. The tenant's father assured her that they would be out by the 15th.  However they still hadn't signed the document or brought in certifiable funds.  I noticed that all the leaves I blew away yesterday seemed to be back.  I pulled the wet stuff out of tent and strung it out in the garage to dry. I headed to JoAnns in the car. Jennifer called from The Pearly Gates to tell me what it was like. Linda was in JoAnns looking for thread. I met her by the rotary cutters. I could not believe they were $20. We walked to her car and she got out the quilt. I paid her and put the quilt in my car. Then I walked to Earthfare for raw cheese and a young coconut. I drove home. I put the cheese and coconut in the fridge. I read e-mail until I remembered the quilt. I took it downstairs to trim and sew the binding onto the front. Then I found some matching thread and a hand needle. I started stitching the binding to the back, then brought it outside since it was nice and breezy. When I came to the end of the thread, I came in to start the dishwasher. But somehow I ended up reading e-mail and eating instead. I also called Janice to ask about the neighbors and our rental property. THEN I started the dishwasher. I downloaded one of Dr. John Gray's books to my tablet. I sat and watched the road for awhile. It seemed pretty quiet, so I got Chris' keys and drove around the yard, practicing starting and stopping on a slope. I was ready to hit the road, but there was this awful scraping sound. It was a branch stuck under the car. I used the shovel handle to get it unstuck. Then I did drive on the road. Going around the block was easy until I got to the four way stop. There was traffic backed up in three directions. When it was my turn, they all had to wait for me to let off the clutch enough to get started. That made me nervous. So as soon as I got back to my driveway, I pulled in and parked the car. I locked it and came in. Since it was dark, I decided this was a good time to put in an X-files DVD and work on the binding. I watched 2 episodes. I could have watched more, but wanted to save some for tomorrow night. I checked for new e-mail, and then watched several episodes of Big Bang Theory while I stitched. When I realized how close it was to 11 and Chris had not come home yet (I guess), I decided to post to my blog and tap and go to bed. Since there was no bedding in the tent, I may stay inside.
*  I couldn't resist this shot of architecture in Chattanooga  *

No comments: