Wednesday, October 1, 2014

The last piece

Last night I sent a message to Parker about what Chris and I decided, and that I would call her in the morning. I had a decent night because the critters gave up easily. In fact, I slept until after 8. I ran in the house to call Parker. We came up with a game plan. While I waited for her to send an updated document, I prepared a week's worth of supplements, noting that I did not need more of anything. I ran the filtered water through the coffee machine because I had read that the filters grow bacteria after a while. Getting back the updated document took awhile. I exercised, drybrushed, and detoxed. I called former neighbors to ask what the property needed in order to be in good condition. They could not tell me much because there was a truck so big that it blocked their view of the property. It had not been moved in 5 weeks. It was full of yard waste and the overflow was dumped behind our fence. When I got the document, I read it through and made note of changes I would like to make. I called her but did not get through. I juiced and laid out in the sun. I got the mail and watered potted plants. Something has been digging in my kale bed. Also, tiny plants are appearing but I cannot tell if they are kale or weeds. Parker called back. We discussed the changes and she sent me the file to make changes since she had appointments all afternoon. I made breakfast and ate it all. I snacked on dried fish as I finished an audio on the benefits of a paleo diet. Then I brought in the mail. A long awaited piece of fabric arrived. I edited a cashforkeys agreement to make it cover as many possibilities as I could think of. Cecelia came over to dig up some ferns. The ground was so dry it was hard for her to dig. I offered, but she declined because I wasn't wearing shoes. Then I finished editing the document, and sent it to Parker. I pieced the rectangle of fabric into the quilt top. Then it was time for choir. Since I hadn't driven Chris' car yesterday, I particularly did not want to miss today. So risking being late, I drove up and down the driveway, and practiced driving up a slope from a stop. Then I took a quick shower. Amazingly, they had just started warming up when I arrived. During the practice, Jennifer the director pointed out to everyone that I would be making something special for All Saints Day. She was referring to the dove banners. I said the pulpit cloth was done but not the altar cloth. Gee, no pressure there! After practice I went into the bathroom. Elaine was in there and told me her throat closes up if she eats any sugar. On the way to my car, the other Jennifer invited me to come over tomorrow night to watch Project Runway. I said I might. I went home, and trimmed quilt backing width. I wrote on a rectangle of fabric. I sewed slightly larger seams on the borders to cover more of the piping so the stay-stitching wouldn't show. My foot pedal got hot and smelled like oil. That bothered me because it is a new pedal. I came up to check for messages from Parker. There were none on the computer, but there was on the phone. I hit the button to listen to the message but it dialed her number. She told me she got the document and it was off-putting in how detailed it was. She thought they would hesitate to sign it. We talked about a few of the most important points. Then Chris was on Skype so I hung up with her to talk to him. He sang to me, which was really nice. Then I had to hang up with him so I could re-write the document and go to bed. 
*  This was a quilt at the Chattanooga show   *

No comments: