Thursday, October 23, 2014

Red and done

My stomach gurgled so much last night that I could not sleep. I tapped for that and other things. I fell into bed with my house keys, intending to go out to the tent. I woke with the alarm. My stomach still gurgling. I guess fish and breakfast don't go together. I checked e-mail. There was one from the handyman saying our tenant was upset because someone broke into the garage and stole some of his stuff. I did not know if it was just somethings we took that he thought were his or what. I called Parker, but got no answer. I called a neighbor, but her phone was busy. I cleared more e-mail, and put on an audio while I exercised, juiced, and made breakfast. I watered the newly-planted kale. I took out the recyclables, and put misdelivered mail back in the box. I tried the neighbor again. She told me that she saw lots of activity over there. Then I got a hold of Parker. She knew nothing of any break-in. She said the tenant was wasting her time by not showing up when he said he would to pick up his stuff. I took Chris' car to quilting. I did not bring anything to work on since I got there so late. A lady named Michelle offered to go driving with me. I told the group she would have white hair by the time we got back. We drove around for awhile, to my house and back and up a steep hill. When we got back, she said I did well. We all sat around gabbing for while. When I got up to go, Mary said they were waiting for me to leave before they got on the road. Ha, ha. When I got home, I brought in the mail, and laid in the sun. I played another audio. Parker called back to say that the father says they have all the want except for the trampoline. She sent me listings of comparable homes that sold in the last year. I ate the rest of a sweet potato, then had some strawberries and chocolate. I raked up pinecones (which usually gives me splinters), and then pinestraw. I mowed the grass revealed by the pinestraw and also the weeds growing in the ditch behind the property. I replanted some kale in the spaces where it died and watered the new plants immediately. I looked at the listings Parker sent. I searched online for ideas on how to dress up plain cabinet doors, and found nothing. I listened to an audio on biohacking. I warmed up a bowl of fish soup, and put the rest in jars so I can wash the pot for trunk-or-treat. I went downstairs to finished sewing the red blocks. Then I came up to skype with Chris. He is feeling better. I wrote an e-mail to Parker with suggestions. Then I found my missing block, and laid out all the blocks and took a pic. I sent it to the lady who makes the doves. I was worried about using too many dark strips, but the pic suggests I didn't use enough.  Then again, red doesn't photograph well.   Now I am ready for bed.

No comments: