Saturday, October 11, 2014

Virginia here we come

I stayed awake much of the night hearing a cyclical sound. By morning I decided it was a washing machine. Only thing that made sense. There were a few breaks. We stayed late in bed when it was quiet (on and off). I finally got up to make breakfast, have supplements. I read e-mail, too. Chris checked out and then we got on the road about 11. It rained the whole way to Richmond. We went past several accidents. Our rental agent called to say one of the tenants still hadn't signed or brought in money. She will go by the property tomorrow to see if there is any moving activity. I called Al to let them know we were 45 minutes out. Dad called from the grocery store to ask about cheese. He called again later to ask about dates. We stopped at a 'scenic rest stop' to take pics, but the fog covered the scenic parts. The rain, traffic and accidents made us later than we anticipated. But the Damours were ready for us. Cecily was cooking in the kitchen. She had to bake for Sunday as well as Saturday so was fit to be tied. She had printed out a shrimp recipe from Ina Garten's website. Chris helped her do that while we all sat and talked. We had shrimp, peas, tomatoes and wild rice for supper. We helped Cecily clean up. Then Chris got his laptop and showed pics from Kwadjuleine and Honduras. The conversation went on a long time. Chris brought out a Honduran coin. Cecily went to bed. The rest of us turned in. I sat to write my blog and Al turned off the router. So now I cannot post until tomorrow. Well, I have to download my pics anyway.
*  This was taken at the scenic rest stop.  *

No comments: