Thursday, October 9, 2014

Halfway there

We got up after my alarm went off. I read some e-mail and listened to an audio while I exericsed. I paused it while I juiced. I took out the recyclables. Then, as I made breakfast, I packed or repackaged each item. They went into the breakfast box. I also put in figs and the dark chocolate bar and the last of the eggs for snacks. The garage called about my car. They confirmed that it needed a new transmission and said the brake module wasn't talking to the computer, and also that it was slipping in first gear as well as second. I guess I shouldn't give up practicing stick. I started packing my suitcase. Chris started laundry early, but two loads took awhile. When the second load finished, I finished packing. It was almost one as we pulled out of the driveway. Chris had me call the motel to reserve our usual room. We played more of Paris: a book on CD, about 30 of them. I think I slept for awhile. We made one potty break and stopped once for gas. Chris bought a burger at the potty break. It smelled good so I ate one of my eggs. At first I thought I should do some of the driving for the practice. But when we ran into stop and go traffic, I was REALLY glad it wasn't me driving. We got into Bristol after 7 local time. Our room was ready. We moved our stuff in and put some things in the fridge. I called Dad to tell him which nights we would be spending with him. Instead of supper, we ate figs and dark chocolate while watching episodes of Warehouse 13 on Chris' laptop. It is like waking up from a dream to be here with him; like the last three months never happened. When I finish posting to my blog, I will go to bed. 
*  another pic from Paducah  *

No comments: