Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Thrifting in Changwon

I got up when Chris took his shower. Hoping to get a coffee morning in before meeting the ladies, I got started right away. I drank, and exercised and dry brushed and rebounded. I boiled coffee and listened to audios. I imagined my day going well and finding what I was looking fort. But I could not finish in time to get there by 10. I had to quit and get dressed for the freezing cold.
I met my friends at the bottom of the hill. We walked off base to the little corner store where we loaded money onto our bus cards and Danielle bought a card. Then we walked to a bus stop by GS 25 and waited for bus 751 to Changwon. We discovered that the bench seat at that stop automatically heats up when sat on. That was kind of nice in such cold weather. We rode the bus for about 25 minutes and got off at a large bookstore. Nela led us around E-Mart and Lotte Mart and down several streets to an indoor mall with booths. One sold second hand clothing. We looked through the scarves and picked out a few. Nela pointed out a backpack and it had the buckles I needed. For $3 it was worth it. We looked through the clothing, but it was too small. I wanted to take pics, but my camera battery was dead. Then Nela led us to the Alpha store. It was quite large. I looked at the ribbon section and found some small packets of ribbon, allowing me to get a variety of colors. I also looked at the hair bow section. They had some like my friend wants, but they were all black. I took a pic with my phone for her. I found a circular hair net that could be sewn to a hair bow. But the hair bows without nets were the same price as the ones with. Then I looked at the gifts bags. I selected one that was kind of all purpose. The ladies were in a hurry to get back, so I checked out. Then we walked all the way back to E-Mart. I was surprised when they stopped for lunch, knowing that two of them had to be back for other commitments. The restaurant did not have kimbap and there was nothing else I wanted. So I did not eat. We sat and chatted, then went to catch the bus. We must have just missed it because we waited quite a while. The ride back seemed to go faster. Then we walked back to post.
I went to the chapel to make sure our room was still available. They assured me they would call me if and when we ever got bumped. Then I walked home. I finished my coffee morning routine. I made up a new batch of supplements, and then made breakfast I ate it while checking e-mail. I listened to the two tapping audios while I sewed. I took the buckles off of the thrift backpack and put them on the one I made for Sook. Then I experimented with putting a zipper in the five minute billfold. It took longer than 5 minutes, but it worked out ok, at least in my opinion. I jotted notes for my blog so I would not forget. I laid out the sections of our QOV and photographed them then posted on the community Facebook page. I ate some raw veggies for supper. We watched The Great Escape. I did not remember it being so long. It was after 11 when it finished and we went to bed.

1 comment:

Steve Finnell said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.