Saturday, April 23, 2016

A Walk in the Park

We woke up when my alarm went off. But we found something else to do besides getting up. Later we washed up, dressed and went to breakfast. I had two plates of food, none of it my usual breakfast stuff. Then we went back to the room to get my jacket. We walked down to the main street, across to the park and over to the steps I could see from our window. The manager had told us that they lead to Namsan tower if you took all the right turns. We walked up tons of steps. My knees were not so happy. The wooded area was beautiful with flowers and hosta. We turned around when the main path intercepted a road. We saw an exercise station that sported gymnastic equipment. Then I discovered that coming down the steps was just as bad as going up. When we passed back through the park, we stopped at a barefoot path. I walked it in my thin-soled shoes. Then we went back to the hotel, walking up even more steps. The total walk time was 90 minutes. When we got back to the room I stripped and washed off the sweat. I packed my fabric. I read e-mail while cooling off. Then we had to finish packing and check out. We checked out up on the 23rd floor by the executive lounge. Then we went down to the first floor to catch a taxi to Seoul station. A young man with the hotel helped us get the taxi. I never heard him or Chris tell the driver where we wanted to go. So I loudly asked Chris when we had to be at Seoul station. We got there, so somehow the driver knew. We had to use the elevator to get up to the main floor at the station. We found seats to wait for our train. Chris showed me the e-mail he had sent to the taxi driver to meet us at Masan at 1:45. I questioned the time and Chris called the driver to say we would not be there until 4:30. At the 15 minute mark, we went down to the platform, passing food vendors, one of whom was selling kimbap. I was hungry. Then we got on the train and settled in first class. It was an uneventful trip and quick. I took a nap and watched scenery.
When we got to Masan, the driver was waiting inside. He took the large suitcase from Chris and carried it out. It was heavy because it was full of fabric and $1 t-shirts. Chris took the smaller suitcase from me and carried it to the taxi. It took awhile for us to get home because of traffic. I wanted to stop and eat somewhere, but that would have raised the taxi price. When we arrived at home, there were lots of flowers in pots sitting on my front porch. I kind of unpacked the clothing in the suitcase. I ate some kimchi and fermented coconut milk. I called Myra to thank her for the flowers, but she did not answer. I called Nela, too, but same lack of response. I sat down at my laptop to catch up on e-mail and Sudoku. Myra called and explained that when Housing gave away the flowers on Friday, they told everyone they could have two of each kind, so Myra got me two of each kind (and some for her and her neighbor). Then Nela called and we had a nice chat. Knowing that everyone got only two of each kind, I posted on the community Facebook page that I was willing to trade whatever flowers someone else wanted for their begonias and impatiens. I would rather have a lot of two things than two of lots of things. Chris popped a bowl of popcorn. We watched two episodes of CSI. I found two responses to my post. I responded to them and played the songs for church tomorrow. Then I posted to my blog and went to bed.
* This is me having breakfast in the executive lounge, which is huge and nicely furnished. *

No comments: