Friday, April 15, 2016

Do I really need a doctor?

I woke up early because Chris had another 5am conference. After his conference, he came back to bed, But then he got up for PT. I heard my alarm go off, but was in so much pain that I stayed in bed. I got up later to read e-mail and drink water, and Chris came home. He laid on the floor with a pillow, exhausted from the workout. After awhile, he got up to shower and dress for work. I was supposed to go to the community round-up but the pain was too bad. I got an ice pack and went back to bed. I alternated the ice pack and the heating pad. That seemed to help a little. But I was tired of being in pain. So I decided to see the doctor on post. I washed up and got dressed. I went outside to see if I needed a coat. But then I saw my flowers and gardening tools that I bought yesterday. I could not resist trimming the hedges and digging up weeds. The next door neighbors were coming home from somewhere and they stopped to talk. They said they had an electric mower and were going to mow tomorrow. I continued digging weeds. I set the flowers where I intended to plant them. Then I went inside to call Chris to find out if anything else was planted there and hadn't come up yet. He said no. I figured if I could trim bushes and dig up weeds I probably did not need to see a doctor. I was checked e-mail again. At noon I ate some seed crackers, then made and ate breakfast. Chris came home for lunch and brought me a package from Swansons. He had to re-do the tax pages and I signed them when he finished. He showed me some repairs that his suit needed. I opened the Swansons box and put the bottles away, or combined them with those that were about to run out. As I put the empty box away, I noticed the box that held all the stuff I cleaned off the dining room table before Steve came. My Sudoku calendar was in there. I started working puzzles while listening to interviews. I was still doing that when Chris came home from work. He handed me a paper from Housing that announced they would be giving out free flowers next Thursday. This was not good news because we will be leaving town Wednesday night. He made and ate supper. I took a break to go outside and mow the lawn. I put the mower away and came in. I worked more puzzles and was about to put another audio on when Chris said he was ready to watch. My stomach hurt so I skipped supper, but drank some water with peppermint oil in it. We saw one episode of CSI. Then he went to bed because he had a 3 or 4 am conference to attend. I stayed up to listen to more audios. One had a recipe for dandelion and chickpeas. When I finished 15 puzzles, I decided to stop and write to my blog before going to bed.
* Here is a pic from the fish market. Can anyone tell me what the red things are? *

No comments: