Wednesday, April 6, 2016

First nighttime sewing class

I waited until 8 to get up. I read e-mail, drank water, and wiped the counter tops. I made ginger tea, which I put it in a water bottle to take along. Myra callled to say she'd be here at 8:45. I got dressed, pulled out some fish fabric and found my fish blocks. I started moving stuff to the front porch and my back spasmed. I laid on the floor for awhile, then got up. I called Myra at 10: someone had trapped her in a conversation. When she got here, she had to load the car herself because of my back. We got to the chapel and she had to unload it all herself. The room was set up for rows of people, not for sewing but I only moved two tables. Myra had to go park the car and then see the dentist. I set up my machine and busied myself arranging fish blocks and figuring out what colors we needed more of. There were fly-overs, which turned out to be the South Korean squad. They were really loud and were flying low. Myra worked on bags. Nela came at 12 on her lunch hour,. Chris came by with the mail. At 1, we packed up. Three men were waiting to use the room. We put the sewing stuff in Myra's car. She took me home. We talked a little bit, then I went in. I ate seed crackers, then made and ate breakfast. I also had some cashews with butter. I cleared e-mail and listened to audios. Then I worked on blocks of the month, finishing one and starting the most recent one. I had trouble picking the fabrics. I took a break to take the daily photograph. And I stood outside talking to Kelly until her husband called. I worked on the block some more. Steve came home. He talked to me about all the things that were going wrong, so I listened. He brought me a chocolate bar from Daegu. I called Myra to see about class. Chris came home while I was talking to Myra. I took my supplements with the last of the ginger tea. I jotted notes for my blog. Then Chris put my box of fabric in his car and I drove to the FFTC classroom. Myra was there, setting up. I brought my box in. I went to the bathroom then set up my machine for someone to use. Several ladies came in. One lady brought her daughter who wanted to make a stuffed bear and brought a pattern and fabric. Another lady wanted to make a princess dress. She had fabric cut out but not page 1 of the instructions. Myra went home to get buttons for the bear's eyes. Nela worked on finishing her oven mitt. A new lady made a bag like Myra's. I tried to help where I could, but since everyone was doing something different, it was hard. Myra had made three open-ended bags for holding and dispensing plastic bags, but no one chose that project. Bernie stuffed a pillow and mended a towel. The lady making the princess dress used my machine and the needle was pushing the fabric down in, so I replaced it. But then it made a popping sound as though it were dull, too. At 8:25 I called Chris to say it was raining and not to come to walk in town with me (an arrangement we had made earlier). But class did not end at 8:30. No one left on time and indeed, I did not get out of there until 9:30. Myra and the lady with the bag were still there, packing up. I told Myra we will have to be more pushy about getting out on time. Myra carried out my machine and I carried out the boxes of stuff. Then I drove home, stalling once. I did not bother bringing stuff in because of the rain. I let Chris know I was home (he was in bed) and I sat down to write to my blog.

No comments: