Sunday, April 24, 2016

Trading flowers

We woke up hearing my alarm. I hopped out of bed to shut it off. When I came back, I realized how painless it all had been. When Chris got up to take his shower, I got up to unpack the purchases from my suitcase. Then I had some water and vitamin C. I put coconut oil on my hair to soak in. I read e-mail while Chris ate his breakfast and headed to church. I listened to part of an audio, then paused it to take a shower. I could not get all the oil out of my hair. I had trouble deciding what to wear. I settled on my red dress and pearl necklace. I resumed the audio. Chris came home from church. I paused the audio and he dropped me off at the chapel and went to work. I talked to the man filling in for the chaplain until just after 10:30. I had to stop so he could start the service. We sang praise songs, greeted each other, listened to the choir, and then the sermon. His title was “God fixes $5 haircuts”. If he is an example, God's fix is a bald head. After the sermon, I walked outside and called Chris. He picked me up and took me home. I changed into pants. They were so long that I stepped on the hem, so I hemmed up just the backs. Then we walked out to the Korean church for lunch. We sat with Jane and talked a little to the lady across the table. Each person was handed a rice cake. I gave mine to Chris and he had me put both of them in my purse. After lunch we walked back to base. We went to the commissary for a few groceries. When we got home, I gave one of my plants some water. I read e-mail and finished the audio. I watched the awards ceremony for Paducah. We took a walk up the trail. I thought it was a beautiful day, in spite of Koreans in church that said it was bad weather due to yellow dust. We watched both sides of the trail, looking for plants that I could 'borrow' for my yard. Then Chris wanted to go down by his office to check the locks. It is a secure building. While he was upstairs doing that, I saw the sign-in book lying open. I thought about signing it “EYE WUZ HEAR” and see if it caused any ripples. As we walked home, we passed Myra and Chaun planting flowers. So we went down there to talk to them. Chris did not stick around long. He went home to check on the laundry. Myra showed me where she planted stuff and where the rest will go, and what she did with the bulbs that she dug up. She and Chaun said they were going to NEO training in the chapel tomorrow at 9. I hadn't heard anything about it. I went home and watered all the flowers. Lily came over to get the lilies and bring me a begonia and an impatiens. I mowed the yard. I made breakfast and ate it while reading e-mail. We ran the dishwasher. I made seed crackers and burned my wrist checking to see if they were done. I did a lot of tapping because it hurt. Chris looked up NEO training and it will be offered Tuesday and Thursday evenings. I messaged that to Myra. Later we watched two episodes of CSI with an ice pack. Chris gave me some burn gel and went to bed. I decided to cut off a piece of my aloe plant. I typed up my blog post for the day and went to bed.
* These are the flowers from Housing. They also handed out a trowel and set of gloves for each customer. *

No comments: