Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Rainy day sewing class

I got up when my alarm went off. Chris had already left for PT. I drank a quart of water with lemon in it and started reading e-mail. I did my exercises and drybrushed. I even rebounded, which was amazing because it did not hurt at all. My back is so back to normal that it is like nothing ever happened. Whoever was sticking pins in their Fern doll must have taken them out. I made coffee, did some tapping, and listened to an audio or two. I cleaned the kitchen. I made mayonnaise. I played an audio on my tablet to listen to as I ironed all the fabric that I bought in Seoul. The tablet battery got low, so I played a CD for the last part. I took pics of the fabrics I thought might do well for stack-n-whack. I folded each piece and put it in a pile. The dark reds were pulled out to go to sewing class. I checked e-mail again, then took a shower. I called Myra to make sure she had my sewing stuff. I packed up the machine that usually stays at home. I got Chris' keys and drove to sewing class in the rain. Chris was just passing the FFTC building so he helped me carry my machine in. He helped Myra too, who pulled up beside me. We set up the room as ladies came in. Two ladies brought their toddler daughters. Only one brought something for her child to do. I set up my two machines and Myra set up her two. Nela brought one, but used it all evening. I trimmed half-square triangles for the fish quilt while Myra helped ladies with their projects. I auditioned the red fabrics, but the purple borders I cut last week were still the best. There was no machine unused, so all I could do was iron and trim. The projects were: a princess dress, a table runner, a bag, and an apron. Anna came late. She entertained the kids. At 8:20 I announced the time and started packing up. We were not out by 8:30, but the ladies did help pack the machines and put all the tables and chairs back. Anna and another lady carried my fabrics and machines to the car. I drove to our spot and took about 5 minutes to back the car into the space properly. When I got in, Chris was ready to watch CSI. So we did, sitting together and cuddling. Then I posted to my blog and we probably went to bed.

No comments: