Saturday, April 16, 2016

Bone broth

I woke up really early because Chris got up at 3:30 for a 4am conference call. Even though he closed the door, I could hear the voices talking. I don't know when he came back to bed. I got a cold pack for my back. But then we slept in late. It was almost 10 when we got up. I put the cold pack back in the fridge. Chris called William on his skype account. William and I talked for almost an hour. He told he me he lost weight and is on a healthy eating plan. Chris helped me harvest several gallons of water from the shower filter. About noon Chris and I walked to the commissary. Among other things, we got ox-tail bones. The garlic was no good and the onions not much better. When we got home, we put the bones in the crock pot with carrots, celery and an onion. I put two cloves of garlic in. I made and ate breakfast. I cut up a pineapple and we planted the top and ate part of the remainder. I went outside to plant the marigolds. Kelly came over. She saw our rosemary plant and I told her to take all she wanted. She invited me to her house for fresh parsley. From her little grow-lite garden, she cut parsley and basil. She also gave me some garlic from out in town. When I got home, I took my garlic, which was sprouting, and planted it outside. I put her garlic in the bone broth and some parsley, too. I filled the bread machine and ran it. I worked Sudoku puzzles while listening to audios and I checked e-mail. I had Chris look at my ear, which still itches. He said it looked like new skin. I guess I had scratched it raw. Even though I haven't solved the itch problem, the night sweats are gone. I think it is the extra maca, but it could be several other things, too. A friend sent me an article on melatonin. In a study of women 42 to 62, it had anti-aging effects, to the point that the menopausal women got their cycles back. Yikes! I am all for anti-aging, but I don't miss those monthly visits.
We took a nap. I heated up a bowl of pulled pork in the toaster oven, along with some pickled garlic that Nela gave me. I ran through more e-mail. I made up a week's worth of supplements while listening to an interview. I paused it when Chris was ready to watch. We watched at least three episodes of CSI. Chris went to bed. I added some water to the crock pot so it could simmer the bones all night. Then I posted to my blog and went to bed.
* We passed this tree on the way to the commissary. We think it is a different species of cherry tree. *

No comments: