Sunday, April 10, 2016

Last day of the festival

My back was very sensitive this morning. Chris got up and went to church early, probably to meet with the organist. I got up very gingerly and went to the bathroom. I came out to fire up my computer and check e-mail Steve got ready and then came out to talk to me. I walked up and down the hallway, trying to work the cramps out of my back. He talked until I had to use the restroom again and then he went off to detail his car. It hurt to sit so I kept walking. I put on the dress I had bought at the festival and walked around the house outside for a bit. Chris came home from church and I told him I was not up to going. He changed clothes and went to work. At noon I ate some seed crackers and butter. I listened to some audios, but nothing that really turned out to be interesting. I got this great idea to look at the tag on my favorite top and find it online so I could order more. But the name on the tag was AGENDA. Well, you can imagine what kind of search results I got. I folded laundry and scrubbed the jelly roll pan that had been under the pork casserole dish. I took nap. Chris came home with groceries. We stripped the beds and washed the sheets, then remade them. I worked in my sewing room, counting sewn fish blocks and cut squares. The count was higher than I thought. A few stacks were missing a square or two so I cut some extra to make complete stacks. Chris said he had seen Myra at the commissary and she had talked about going into town one last time. I wanted another coconut so I called her, but she was at home and they were going to light the fire pit. She invited us to come over later. I wasn't so sure I could do that. Chris made eggplant with garlic. I did not care for it. We had supper. Chris put some wines in a backpack. I put chocolate in a baggie. When it got dark, we walked down to Myra's place. Scott was sitting by the raised fire pit. Nela came over, as well as Danielle and Ross. Chris went to our shed for some folding chairs. Myra had sticks and marshmallows. Danielle brought graham crackers and some wrapped chocolates. I passed on that, but enjoyed watching the others burn their marshmallows. The talk turned to military and police stories. We could hear music and some popping noises from the stadium. Finally there were fireworks. Myra and I walked up the hill to the antenna circle to watch them. It wasn't the best vantage point, but I enjoyed the show. And then the festival was over. I did not feel up to walking down into the firepit area and back up so I just went home. Two moths followed me in, and I chased them with flyswatters since they could imperil my fabric stash. Steve was home, but in his room and did not come out. I sat down to write my blog. Chris came home with the bottle of wine that did not get drunk. He sat at his computer, too. Then I finished posting and went to bed.

No comments: