Saturday, April 30, 2016

Last minute gift

I got up to silence my alarm. I went back to bed and did some spinal twists because my back was not as comfortable as it had been all week. Maybe it was too good to last. When we got up to start the day, I opened the package that came in the mail yesterday. It was the Xero shoes that I ordered. They were supposed to be like walking barefoot, but the soles seemed stiffer than the ones in my everyday shoes. I went online to see if I could exchange them for thinner soles. I saw a Facebook message from someone here and realized that there was a whole conversation going on that Facebook was not telling me about. Specifically, there is a going away party tomorrow. We meet to drive over to Dream Park, whatever that is, to take our pics in hats we made. Then we go to a buffet for lunch, but it is $32 per person, which I think is too much. I called Nela, Myra and Anna. Myra said she would come back with me from the Dream Park, but Nela wants to stay for lunch.
We tried to call Michele but she wasn't home. I went outside to beat the foyer rugs. I also watered all the plants and picked up the empty pots. I planted some seeds that Danielle had given me. I came to wash my hands and listen to a podcast from yesterday. Chris got dressed and left for work. I made a new mixture of spices and one of chia/flax seed. I made and ate breakfast while listening to audios. I heard about electromagnetic sensitivity – she postulated that the symptoms match Lyme disease so the two diagnoses may get confused. I wanted to sew but it was so sunny out that I went around the yard, trimming the grass by hand. Afterward, I saw that Myra and Nela had both called. I called Nela back, she said Myra isn't going tomorrow. I called Myra, but there was no answer. Then I nearly lost my religion hemming two ends of the scarf fabric because it kept sliding all over the place. I sewed the shoulder seams and then my phone rang. It was Myra. I took her a sweet potato to plant. She wanted to go out in town for pots so I changed to pants and got my fanny pack. We walked to the everyday market. She found a tub to sit in the top of a kimchi pot to plant flowers in. I asked for a watch battery. The lady found one, and put it in and only charged me 2000 won (<$2). And she set it to the right time. We walked to Daiso. We bought containers to plant in. I bought an apron and a bag to embroider on. We looked at the plants across the street, but the vendor was busy and we were losing daylight. Myra found some peppers and an onion for supper. We walked back, stopping at the market for mushrooms. Then we went home. Chris was having supper. He left for the movie and I made a salad. After eating, I got out my embroidery machine to stitch the phrase “To be honest...” Kemora had used it liberally one night so I sewed it on a piece of brown cloth, then stitched it to the apron. It sounds so quick and easy when I write it, but it was a long process of trial and error. Then I wrapped it up, forgetting to take a pic. So I unwrapped it, could not find my camera so I used the tablet to take a pic. Then I rewrapped it and wrote a note to attach. Chris came home from the movie. I listened to an audio until he was ready. Then we watched one episode of CSI. He went to bed and I stayed up just long enough to blog.

No comments: