Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Fun people

I slept in late again. I guess my cortisol was low and it was hard to get up – not to mention the pain in my back. I did get up in the middle of the night to rub magnesium oil on it. Apparently that was not enough. Anyway, getting up and moving around helped. I did not do my exercises, but I did drink a quart of water and check e-mail. I went outside to plant the flowers and tomato and pepper plants from Monday. It felt good to be outside. Myra came over at 11 to check on me because she had called and I hadn't answered. We went up to the top of the hill behind my house to look for cement blocks so she could elevate her planter. But they were gone. What we did find was lots of handles – mop-type and axe-type. I grabbed some of the longer ones to use as stakes. We also found a brick. I gave her some bricks from my yard and she took them home. I made breakfast and checked e-mail. I went out periodically to check the sun in the yard. I was surprised to see that my yard was mostly shady in the afternoon. When I made today's breakfast, I also made two others for the trip. I did tomorrow's Sudoku puzzle while listening to an audio. I folded laundry and took mine to the bedroom. I looked up spleen meridian points online. After reading info about the meridian, I decided mine was over active, so I traced my meridian backwards several times to calm it down. I looked up the weather in Seoul. Chris called to say he wanted to take some folks her on TDY out to dinner. That sounded fine except for the part about sitting on the floor. But he was able to get seating outside. So at 5:30 I took a shower. Chris came home from work and changed his clothes. Then we walked down to the security check point to meet the three people. Sadly I don't remember their names. One was a quilter and her husband. The other one was into eating healthy and she had back trouble too. She highly recommended dry needling, which she has done every week. We walked to the duck restaurant around the corner. They seated us at a picnic table outside. We got one order of duck and it was enough for all of us. Then the lady made fried rice from the leftovers. We talked for a long time, especially about quilts. She showed me pics of her quilting room and it is larger than mine. I invited them to come see my sewing room. When we got to our house, I showed them all my quilts and they were very patient. Then I showed them my sewing room. It was a mess and not very impressive but they said nice things anyway. the ladies hugged me good bye and then they walked back to the base motel. Chris and I packed for the trip tomorrow. Then we watched two episodes of CSI. Chris went to bed and I fell asleep on the couch. I woke up, skipped my blog and went to bed.
* I saw these at the market on Monday and wondered what they were. *

No comments: